Sure, I was getting what I wanted with my ex, Lauren Jauregui. She was so lovely. God, she was everything one could want in a life partner. It was just me. It was my fault for walking out on what we had and what we wanted. And still to this day, I felt like a monster for it. But do I regret it for myself? I couldn't without denying my love for Matthew. He was the love of my life now. Ever since I was a scared, fragile 24-year-old just starting out medical school. He led me to be what I truly wanted to be which was overall to take care of children. To be there at their worst and help them to be at their best. Always.

But what I do regret is leaving behind the one little girl who barely ever left my thoughts throughout the day. Perhaps that was why I was ecstatic to see Bella again at the store. She not only had the name but the everything else. Everything I could've asked for in a child was right there in front of me. Probably sounded creepy but it was true.

Maybe... it wouldn't be too late. I was out of my mind at the possibility of it actually working, but if I had the chance to make things right with my Isabella, I would in a heartbeat. That was if I could find her again. Also meaning I'd have to find Lauren again. She was still in Miami. I knew that for a fact since she'd never leave. But I could very easily find her with the advanced technology we had today a.k.a. Facebook. Way too easy which made me way too scared. I could very well just message her and ask to meet our daughter... and her of course. But maybe she wouldn't want to. She'd just remember how selfish I was when I got up and left her and Bella that dreary, horrible October night. October 18, 2008 to be exact.

And would you look at today's date. October 18, 2018. Ten years ago today when I made both the best and worst mistake of my life. Yes, it was possible to do that.

_________________________

Lauren's POV

"Why do I have to go to the doctors? They're gonna hurt me," Bella pouted and refused to get up from the kitchen chair.

"Sweetie, no one's gonna hurt you. If they hurt you, I'll hurt them. I promise." Crouching down to her height, I faced her kindly and seriously. "How about I treat you with some candy afterwards?"

"Really?" she perked up.

"Sure. But just one kind," I pointed.

"Okay, I'm ready!" she gladly got down from the chair and started toward the door. Too easy.

I wasn't the bribing type of parent but when it came to things she had to do but absolutely hated, it wasn't the worst tactic to use. Bribing with good things was always better than threatening with bad things. It got the job done and everyone's happy.

"Good morning. New patient?" the front desk lady greeted the two of us warmly. Word was that Heights Pediatrics was one of the best in Brooklyn. Not to be that mom but yeah, I listened to the other moms. Especially since I was new to the area. And lucky enough it was less than a 10 minute drive. I loved how a lot of things were close together in New York.

"Yes, my daughter Isabella," I answered.

"Okay, we just need you to sign in and fill out some paper work. Do you know the doctor you'll be seeing?" she questioned.

"Oh uh.. sorry I keep forgetting it.. it's..." I tried to reach into my purse to see if I still had the card of the doctor written on it. "Starts with an H I'm sure?"

"Harrison, Hadley, or Hussey?"

"Hussey! That's it. Doctor Hussey," I nodded, causing Bella to laugh at my embarrassment.

"Okay, great. Fill out these forms and we'll let her know you guys are here," she gladly handed papers on a clipboard over to me so my daughter and I could sit down.