chapter four

Camila's POV

Every day I did the same thing. I got up, made breakfast for Matthew and I, dropped him off at the subway, headed into the office for dozens of appointments with my child patients, ate lunch at a nearby café, finished work, then went right back home to wait for Matthew. And it was fine. Being a Pediatrician was my dream job ever since I could remember.

I could remember talking about my future aspirations with my friends, family and then girlfriend back in those days. When I was young, fresh and open to anything in the great big world. I remembered like it was yesterday.

"Where do you see yourself in life?" I unexpectedly questioned Lauren as we lay naked in bed one late night.

"With you," she whispered.

She earned a kiss for that.

As if I hadn't been kissing her all day since she graduated from high school today. I guess that just made me think about where I was going to end up later on as well. I had two more years but time wasn't ever slow.

"You're so beautiful," she breathed into my ear before hovering over me again. "I want to be with you forever. Like time doesn't exist and we have the rest of eternity to just be together.

I giggled at her also being a little drunk from her senior party. Luckily she always had a designated driver in me now that I had just passed my driver's test. "Oh you." Arms hooked around her neck to pull her closer into me. "I'll be here forever. Don't you worry."

"I never want a life without you, Camila Cabello. You are my whole life."

"You are mine as well. Nothing will change that," I responded truthfully, not holding back my soft smile since her eyes were astoundingly gorgeous in the moonlight.

"Which is why I'm staying in Florida for college. Just for you. Just for us and our future of forever," she met me in a kiss.

"Except that I'll have to drive seven freaking hours north for you," I pouted at the fact that she was going to FSU all the way in Tallahassee. She actually wanted to stay in Miami but it'd be dumb to turn down the full ride she received.

"I know. I'm sorry, baby," she pouted in return. "I can always buy you plane tickets."

"I don't want you to buy me anything. I'll still see you no matter how I get there. We'll figure it out," I kissed her for affirmation. It always made her feel better.

"You're the best thing that's happened to me. Hope you know that," she sweetly whispered.

"Oh yeah? How can I forget when you tell me that everyday?" I smirked.

"And I'll keep telling you that for as long as I live."

"Well, let me tell you something now," I started. "I plan to spend everyday with you for as long as I live. I want to wake up next to you each morning and go to bed with you each night. Build a family together in a quaint sized home somewhere in the Midwest, unbothered and safe."

"How many kids?" she grinned.

"Three or four," I shrugged.

"Only three or four? Damn, thought you'd want at least five or six."

"Nah. Two girls and a boy, or two girls and two boys will be just fine," I smiled, deep in thought about the family that Lauren and I will soon make.

"You call the shots, babe. I'm just here to make you happy."

But when I woke up every morning nowadays, I was met with a man and totally different aspirations. Well, we too wanted a family. But we were city people. I was changed, on a path to a new journey.