Chapter One

Lorna Morello and Piper Chapman were sat in a cozy cafe in the middle of New York. Lorna was sipping on a coffee whilst Piper was stirring the cream around from her Salted Caramel hot chocolate. The two were preparing for the three hour drive up to Litchfield Penitentiary to see Lorna's long term girlfriend. Lorna was yet to learn how to drive so Piper offered to drive her once every three weeks.

"We best be off if were going to make it for visiting hours," said Piper as she finished the last of her drink. Lorna nodded and she too, finished the last of her drink. The two stood up and put their coats on before heading out into the cold, beginning the short walk to Piper's car. Upon arrival, they took their coats off, throwing them into the back, before getting into the car and buckling their seat belts.

"Shit it's cold," complained Piper.

"Well put the heating on then," snapped Lorna. Piper looked over at her friend, bemused.

"Something the matter?" she questioned as she started the car.

"Nothing really. I just really wish she could come home," Lorna said with a sigh. Piper felt bad for her friend.

"I know you do but you have to face up to whats happening. She made a mistake and now she is paying for it. I understand that its not fair for you to have to suffer either but this is your life for the next three years. She gave you the opportunity to get out of it but you declined so now you got to live with it." Never had anyone spoken more truth then Piper did just then. Lorna knew she was right, she just didn't want to admit it.

00000

Nicky Nichols awoke the the sound of the annoying alarm ringing throughout the prison. She rolled over to see her roommate who apparently couldn't hear as well as speak as the alarm was yet to wake her. Nicky had been in prison for two years now and she still hadn't gotten used to waking up without her girlfriend in her arms in their luxury apartment that they shared. It always took her a few seconds to realize where she was when she woke up, and when she did she wanted to cry and scream. She wanted to go back to the night where she messed up and do everything differently.

She got out of the hard bed deciding to try to get to the showers before the queue got too big and all the hot water was gone. She slipped her sandals on and grabbed her wash bag and towel before heading towards the showers. She looked down at her feet, socks and sandals were not a good look and she knew her girlfriend would kick her if she saw her right now. That was when she remembered Lorna was coming to visit her today. She came as often as she could but for Nicky that wasn't often enough. She barley got though the separation with their daily phone calls.

Nicky was snapped back into reality when she felt the harsh cold water hit her head. Soon enough the water began to heat up. Nicky quickly scrubbed her body and washed her hair before turning the shower off and drying her wild hair with the white, small towel. She then wrapped her toned body in the same towel before stepping out. She noticed a few inmates were starting to line up, she was glad she had gotten there before. She walked over to the sinks and looked in the dirty mirror. She couldn't wait to get out and use conditioner in her hair again. She attempted to brush her hair as best as she could before brushing her teeth and cleaning her ears.

00000

Nicky sat at a bar drinking from her sixth bottle of beer. She was beginning to come down from her high and she wasn't ready for that yet but she didn't have anymore drugs so alcohol was the next best thing. She closed her eyes as she drained the last remaining drop from the bottle. She was about to holler for another bottle before she felt a presence sit next to her. She looked over and saw the most beautiful woman she had ever seen. Upon closer inspection Nicky noticed  her tear stained face. In an attempt to stop thinking about her lack of alcohol and drugs, she decided to try and make conversation.

"Hey, are you okay Kid?"  Nicky asked gently. It took the woman a few moments to realize that she was being spoken to.

"Oh yeah, just had a rough night," she replied, looking down at her hands that were clenched together tightly. The two didn't talk for a few moments before Nicky decided to speak up again.

"I love this song," she didn't even know what the song was but she wasn't ready to end the conversation yet.

"Its one of my favorites," the woman said, smiling for the first time since Nicky had met her.

"Whats your name kid?"

"Lorna. Lorna Morello."

"Is that Italian or something? My names Nicky, Nichols."

"Yeah actually. I moved to New York when I was four." Nicky smiled, excited that she had finally gotten Lorna to engage in a conversation. The two spoke for hours before Lorna looked down at her watch and realized the time.

"Gosh, its three o'clock. I really need to get going," she said as she stood up.

"Can I have your phone number?" Nicky asked hopefully. Lorna smiled as she wrote it down on a piece of paper she had pulled out from her pocket. Lorna began to walk away before Nicky decided to speak up again.

"I'd like to know more about you."

"I'd like to know more about you too," Lorna said as she walked away.

00000

Lorna needed to go out. After she had caught her now ex boyfriend cheating on her with another woman she just had to get out. She found herself at a bar. She managed to find a seat by the bar. She didn't order right away, not being much of a drinker but she really needed one that night. She ordered a beer.

"Are you okay Kid?" asked a raspy voice coming from the person beside her. As Lorna looked at her she saw the woman's messy, dirty blonde hair. She also picked up on the tired look on her face.

"Oh yeah, just had a rough night," Lorna lied, not wanting to talk about what happened earlier. If she spoke about it, it meant that it was real. Silence fell between the two before the woman spoke up again.

"I love this song."

"Its one of my favorites." In truth she had never even heard it before but there was something about the woman that made her want to please her.

"Whats your name Kid?" Lorna liked how the woman called her Kid, it made her feel special even though she was sure she probably said to everyone.

"Lorna. Lorna Morello."

"Is that Italian or something? My names Nicky, Nichols," What a strange name, she thought. Who would name their kid that?

"Yeah actually. I moved to New York when I was four," she decided to reply to the first part rather than the second. Nicky smiled the most beautiful smile Lorna had ever seen. The two spoke for hours until Lorna looked down at her watch.

"Gosh, its three o'clock. I really need to get going," she reluctantly said as she stood up, not really wanting to leave Nicky.

"Can I get your number?" Lorna was glad when she heard Nicky say that. She wanted her number herself but she just didn't want to ask for it. Lorna reached into her large coat pocket and pulled out a piece of paper and pen. She quickly scribbled her number down before handing it back to the other woman. Lorna began to walk away when she heard Nicky's voice once again.

"I'd like to know more about you."

"I'd like to know more about you too," Lorna smiled to herself as she left the bar, feeling much better than she did when she first entered.

00000

Please comment and let me know what you think of the first chapter, I would love to hear your thoughts. I plan to update this every Friday. Thanks!