“Sang Wan, Fengju, let us go pay a visit to second uncle’s house and have them come over for lunch later on. After that, the two of you may return. The journey from here to Qingzhou isn’t short; it’ll be good to leave early.” Sang Hong spoke as he left the partitioned area.

Sang Wan nodded and smiled. “Then please excuse me for a moment. I’ll go ready a few things first!” She couldn’t possibly go to second uncle’s house empty handed, could she?

The bride price was prepared by her husband’s family before the bride stepped through the door of her husband’s household. It was up to the bride’s family to decide how the bride price was to be subdivided. Sang Wan had a clear idea on what to do and had already done the necessary preparations the day before. Still, it’d be best to notify Fang Shi first.

As she pondered, she walked into the kitchen. Pulling Fang Shi to a side, she smiled and said, “Sister-in-law, we’ll be heading off to visit second uncle’s house and will be bringing them over for lunch. May I bring along a pair of silk crêpe, a gold hairpin, gold earrings, and two variants of silk for second aunt; and two finely sewn long robe and two pear blossom vases for second uncle? As for my two cousins, they’ll have two rolls of cloth, a pair of gold bracelets, and a bouquet of silk flowers each in addition to two thick and tender hams, a kilogram of white fungus, half a kilogram of bird’s nest, and an envelope containing a hundred silver. What do you say, is that appropriate?”

Fang Shi took a glance at Nanny Xu who was eavesdropping on their conversation, and sneered, “You are now rich, but too carefree for giving them so many gifts! If I were you, I’d just throw ten silvers at them and I’m sure they’ll grin from ear to ear! Those kinds of elders are not ones you should even care for! If I may add, you’re now married; you shouldn’t try to do good if they’re not worth your graciousness! Otherwise, you might end up suffering in the future!”

Sang Wan smiled warmly, “I know that my sister-in-law is looking after my well-being, and I’ll keep those words in mind! However, they’re still elders and should still be given face —”

“Then I’ve wasted my breath!” Fang Shi broke away from Sang Wan’s hands and sighed. “Is that so? Then move along! In any case, you don’t lack any of those items anyway, so why seek my advice?”

Sang Wan pursed her lips tightly as she smiled and leaned forward. “Relax, sister-in-law. The good things are still left in this house. There’s even something for second brother! The cheap ones are being given to those outsiders!”

“Sly lass, you haven’t been married long into that family and already so petty! But seeing you this way, your brother and I will be at ease!” Fang Shi’s face brightened quite a lot as she joked, hearing what Sang Wan had said.

Sang Wan giggled. Feeling warmth in her heart, she bid goodbye to Fang Shi.

At second uncle’s house, Sang Pingliang and Li Shi sent their eldest daughter out to the entrance of their house numerous times in hopes that Sang Wan and her group had arrived. However, as they had not, Li Shi turned impatient and vented her anger on her eldest daughter.

Li Shi was Sang Pingliang’s second wife, and their eldest daughter, who was older than Sang Wan by three full years, was the child of Sang Pingliang’s first wife. However, she had not married into another household. Li Shi reasoned that it was because there was not a suitable household, but what truly was going within her mind, Sang Rou knew clearly. Though annoyed, she was helpless.