04 » rain, rain, go away

The atmosphere in the car was far from friendly. While I maneuvred my way through the terrible  London traffic to get to Niall's house, which address was etched into my brain, Niall was on his phone. He kept scrolling and scrolling, looked at something and scrolled some more. 

I clenched the steeringwheel even tighter. We were the same age, but he behaved like a five-year-old. 

The weather had changed into drizzly rain. The clock on my dashboard told me it was around tea time.

" Have you eaten anything yet?" I asked, breaking the silence. Niall almost seemed surprised that I could talk.

" I'm not hungry." He shared, his tone blunt. 

" Okay. Well, if you don't mind, I'll quickly go through the McDrive for a few chicken McNuggets and some fries." 

" Won't that make you fat?" He mocked me. I pulled up my eyebrows.

" Aren't you used to seeing a woman eat anything other than a green Caesar salad?" I bounced back. Those sodding fries would be off after tomorrow's training, I thought to myself.

Niall didn't respond and shifted his focus back to his cellphone and the electronic world.

I pulled up the McDrive and waited for my turn. " You sure you don't want anything?" I asked when it was nearly my turn. Niall shook his head and muttered something I couldn't hear. I decided not to pay attention to him.

I ordered my meal at the pole, and it took only a few minutes until my food was ready and put in the backseat of the car. The whole car smelled of fries on our silent trip to his house.

Niall, unsurprisingly, had a rather big house with loads of glass and even a driveway with gates. I parked my car and got my stuff out of the car, including my food.

I had to admit he had great taste when I followed him inside. It was rather manly, but stylish nonetheless. I wondered if he'd done this himself or had an interior designer do all the work for him.

" Where can I put my stuff?" I asked. Niall pointed to his right. " The guest room is right there. It's an ensuite." I nodded and walked the way Niall had pointed me.

It was a large room with a kingsize bed, two bedside tables with lights on them, a desk in the corner with a chair and a built-in closet. The bathroom was fine too, though a little dusty because it wasn't used often.

I locked the door and opened up my luggage. Out of one of my bags, I took a weapon case. I entered my code and opened it up. My Glock 17 and my SIG Sauer P226 revealed themselves, along with enough ammo to take out half the British Armed Forces. I took my other Glock 17 out of my gun holster that was attached to my belt.

Beneath the 'normal' Glock and SIG was my dissembled SA89A2 standard rifle, a gift from the Head of the British Armed Forces after my served time. It got approved for this mission, but only for exceptional use. Normally these kinds of weapons wouldn't even be used by Six employees.

I put the Glock 17 in the empty cavity after taking the magazine out. I shut the case again and pushed it under the bed, as there wasn't anywhere else I could keep them.