Loneliness (Cricket)

A/N: Thankyou all for stumbling across this story! I hope you enjoy it!

Please remember: This was written after the events of Book 11, way before Book 12 was released. :)

Cricket leant against Blue's cocoon, craving it's warmth and comfortable glow. She didn't know how long she had been alone in this cave. Well... she wasn't exactly alone. There were bats and spiders if that counted. Not to mention a reading monkey used to live here. It was eerily quiet down in the cave. She hadn't felt so alone before... before she met Blue. Glancing at his cocoon, she had to keep telling herself that Blue would wake up soon. He was right beside her. She hoped deep down that he would always be by her side. Please wake up soon Blue.

Cricket hugged the Flamesilk cocoon tightly. She wouldn't let go until Blue emerged with incredible, magnificent wings and everything would be okay again. Except for the fact that they were wanted fugitives and he was a dangerous Flamesilk. No no no stay positive Cricket, she told herself firmly.

I guess the dread of loneliness has really gotten to me, she sighed. Luna and Swordtail were lost at sea and Sundew could be anywhere on this continent, most likely captured by the HiveWings she had fought off earlier so Cricket and Blue could hide. It was quite unfortunate that Blue had to go through his Metamorphosis at a time like this. Everything in Pantala was messed up and Cricket had something to do with it. She had helped a dangerous LeafWing out of Queen Wasp's control and made an enemy out of the rest of her tribe. The SilkWings didn't have a clue what was going on and her and Blue had accidentally discovered an even more dangerous, supposed-to-be-extinct tribe!

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a LeafWing, Blue? I have," Cricket sighed deeply, "Or where Clearsight came from? I wonder if there are others like her? Maybe they could be really distantly related to me!" She glanced down at her specks of black scales.

Cricket wished there could've been an answer. She needed to hear his voice. Right now, she wanted Blue to tell her she was smart and that her brain was incredible even if that wasn't true. He always reassured her that she was perfect just the way she was. She loved that about him. He was such a sensitive and understanding dragon. 

How was it possible for a dragon like him to be so kind. He was... everything; funny, kind, smart, adventurous, courageous. Maybe it was only in her head like most of her wildest dreams were, but Cricket knew her and the SilkWing shared a special connection.

"There is a whole new world out there. I know it," Cricket mumbled into Blue's cocoon. "We can find it, together, I'm sure we can."

Together.

Me and Blue.

That feeling when she was around him. That feeling she felt when he spoke her name. That feeling she could feel thriving in her heart whenever he only slightly touched her... it was magical!

But I shouldn't feel this way. 

Me and Blue... it isn't possible. We're just friends. He said that whole heartedly.

But... he's so special and amazing. 

This was the feeling Queen Wasp meant...

the feeling that was totally forbidden.

Lost in her thoughts, Cricket almost missed the tap, tap, tap, RRRIIIIPPP from inside the orange cocoon, as what Cricket saw as five days of excruciating pain without Blue, was just about over.