27. Am I a Monster?

Start from the beginning

Isaac laughed and I knew he was about to say something silly, "Remember my favourite thing to watch? Grab a laptop and make sure your-"

"I'M NOT GOING TO WATCH PORN!" I hissed, while trying not to laugh.

"Alright it's your choice. Would have helped." He tsked.

"It's okay, I'd just force myself to sleep." I said.

"Okay."

Then I heard the phone beep and my jaw dropped when I realized that he hung up.

How rude.

I placed my phone on the dresser and snuggled up next to my pillow when I heard the phone buzz.

"When I finally find a comfortable spot," I muttered as I stretched for my cell.

Isaac's name displayed and he was requesting a face-time call.

I accepted it and his wild grey eyes came into view.

"You rude boy!" I hissed, pointing my finger at the camera.

"Nuh-uh. You're about to say, you lovely sweetheart of a man when you realize why I hung up."

I quirked a brow while he continued to wriggle his at me.

He switched the camera view and the back camera displayed the TV. He zoomed in and when I saw what was showing, my heart skipped a beat.

"Aw it's our show!" I cooed.

The camera shifted and I figured Isaac was trying to prop the phone against the chair so that the movie was in view.

"Yeah, I remembered this was the perfect remedy whenever you couldn't have slept, so I figured why not," He said when the view finally settled.

His head popped into view as he laid down beside the couch neat the television.

"Thanks Isaac."

He shifted his head to watch into the camera and winked, "Anything for you little sis."

He returned his gaze to the Harry Potter film and I recognized it was the second movie.

After a few minutes of silence of us both watching the movie, I felt my eyelids growing heavier but I fought the urge.

It had been while since I've spoken to Isaac, and this slight interaction already made my sour mood much better.

"Isaac?"

He shifted his head and glanced into the camera, "Yeah Lexi?"

"Do you think Nate and I would work out?"

His smile faltered and I felt my stomach twist at the sight.

He stood up and sat on the couch in which the phone was propped up and took it into his hands.

As the view was back on the front camera, he then replied,
"To be honest with you Alexa... as much as I'd like for you and Nate to be together, the possibility of it happening.. especially as you as Crown Princess... it quite slim."

"Great. Just great. Another negative Nelly." I grumbled.

Isaac shook his head, "Nate's not being negative. He-unfortunately he's been through a lot of shit in his life and he's grown to accept how life works. So you have to excuse him for thinking realistically sometimes. He doesn't like to hope for things... because he's afraid of being let down again."

He propped the phone against the couch again and crossed the room to the other couch.

"And no offense but right now, I don't give him wrong for being realistic and doubting the chances. You're Crown Princess and your father's a dickhead. Double whammy."