Chapter 2

Rin entered his room, a smile on his face as he used the small white towel in hand to finish drying his damp hair. He had just got done taking a shower with Suguro, his sweating smell turning into a strong scent of cinnamon and cherries. Suguro's request of him to use the shampoo and wash.

Rin discarded the towel into the basket a few yards away, using a hand to push his hair back. He has dressed in navy blue sweatpants and, once again, one of Suguro's large shirts that hung off his shoulders. He sighed, taking a seat on his bed and pulling his knees to his chest, arms wrapped around his legs.

He looked to his side, his narrowing in confusion when he saw an item laying on the pillow. He frowned, unwrapping his arms in favor of picking the object up and examining it.

It was a panda. A stuffed panda, of course. It had the basic patches of black and white fur, only the head stiff, limbs waving lifelessly. The eyes caught his attention, though. Instead of the big black marbles usually used for stuffed animals, a brown was there instead. It was extremely detailed, waves and stitches of different shades of brown and gold, even highlights of pink. They looked like human eyes.

Rin looked up once the door opened, his smile reappearing. It must have been a gift from Suguro, where else would it have come from?

"Hey, there," Suguro grumbled, sitting next to the bluenette. He was only in a pair of sweatpants, a white towel in hands as he tried drying his hair. Rin leaned against the tanned male once an arm was wrapped around his waist, watching fondly as Suguro moved the white towel to sit around his neck, his hair a messy and curly damp mess. He brown eyes looked down and met his, then down at the panda in Rin's lap. He hummed.

"That thing is kinda creepy," he said, and Rin was confused. Why would he think it was creepy if he was the one that got it for him?

"How is it creepy?" Rin asked, looking back down to the stuffie. It was cute, not creepy or odd.

"The eyes, they look real. Like human eyes," he explains flatly, lifting a hand and tapping the brown marble with his nail, and ticking filling the air.

"Did you not get this for me?" Rin asked slowly, looking back to his boyfriend with an arched eyebrow. Suguro stared back at him, both not moving for a second.

"No? I thought it was yours? You were sleeping with it the night you and Yukio told us about your father," Suguro explained, both of them now becoming uneasy.

"This is the first time I've ever seen this..." Rin trailed off, looking back down to the panda. Now that he thought about it, the eyes did look real, and they were staring right at him. In a moment of panic, he tossed the toy away and onto the floor, it landing on its face.

"If you didn't get it for me then where did it come from?" Rin asked, watching Suguro stand from the bed and walk over to the discarded toy. He picked it up and looked it over, eyes narrowed.

It looked like Shima's eyes.

Suguro walked to the window, undoing the latch and pushing the glass up, then tossed it outside. He didn't see when or where it landed, he already closed it and locked it again.

"I don't know, but let's not worry about it, okay?" Suguro said, discarding the towel from his neck on the desk chair. Rin slowly nodded his head, scooting back more onto the bed and moving the covers back. He held them up and Suguro joined him, pulling Rin on top of his chest and fixing the blankets on them.

"Everything is fine, Rin," Suguro said softly, kissing the top of his head. Rin sighed and nodded his head, curling more into Suguro. Rin's gaze turned to the window, slowly drifting off.

He just believed the darkness and his sleepiness was playing against him when he saw the window slowly slide open.