7

"You're not pregnant?" Draco asked, waiting in anticipation for a reassurance.

Hermione stared out into the distance, thinking about what she had just done. I should just tell him the truth while I still can. No. He's relieved. He doesn't want this baby. I can just get an abortion later.

"I'm not pregnant," she replied, acting relieved.

Draco sighed in relief, falling onto the couch. "I should probably take you to the hospital though, regarding your constant vomiting," he said. "Which we both know isn't a pregnancy symptom for you."

Hermione nervously laughed. "No, no. I'll go by myself," she insisted, not wanting him to find out she really is pregnant. "You've already had enough stress this week."

Draco shrugged. "Okay, well tell me how your visit goes," he responded.

Hermione changed the subject, wanting to avoid the topic as much as possible. "Speaking of being stressed this week," she sat on the couch across from him. "Why did you just run off after our..."

"Makeout scene?" Draco finished. Hermione nodded. I ran off because I felt guilty. He wanted so badly to say. "Because you're still in love with Ron and that's bothersome for me," he answered. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't exactly the truth either.

There was a pause.

Hermione sighed. "I am still in love with Ron," she admitted. "He will always be with me. Even after these four years."

Draco felt even more guilt rise.

"But what happened with Ron happened a long time ago. I thought he would want me to move on with my life, and so I did," she pointed out. "Anyway, there are... more important things to think about now."

"Yeah, about that," Draco said, fidgeting. "I was hoping we could discuss us and this whole marriage mess tomorrow night, over dinner, here," he proposed.

Hermione's heart skipped. Was he asking me on a date? "Are you asking me on a date Malfoy?" she teased, gathering her things.

Draco gulped. "If I did, what would you have said?"

"I would say 'til then'," she giggled, rising from the couch.

He smirked. "Well, then I am," he confessed, rising as well.

"Well, til then," Hermione accepted, and walked out the door.