2

Hermione stormed off to another bar in town. She needed a few more drinks to rid her mind of Draco. After about three drinks, she began to feel a little faded. 

"Two more, barftender," she joked, slamming her fourth empty glass onto the counter. The bartender didn't look too happy. 

"Don't you think you've had enough?" The bartender said, wiping the counter with his rag.

"Just do your job and give me the damn drink," she shouted, obviously drunk. 

The bartender hesitated, then gave in. "Here," sliding her a refilled glass.

Hermione scoffed. "Finally!" She exclaimed. 

"Hermione, I think you've had enough," a voice behind her said.

It was Draco, a sober Draco.

"Heeey dude," Hermione slurred. "Oh wait, I mean ferret," she snorted.

Draco rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah, just c'mon," carrying her over his shoulder. Hermione giggled.

"Where are we going?" She asked, sluggishly. 

"Back to the hotel, I reserve a driver in case I'm too drunk" he replied, raising his unoccupied hand to signal the car.

As they entered inside so very gracefully, silence filled.

Hermione broke the silence. "I want to get married," she said, in a convincing tone. 

Draco was stunned, he didn't really think Hermione would actually agree to his proposal. On the other hand, she is drunk. 

She eyed him suspiciously, "If you're doubting me, I can assure you that I really do mean it, drunk or sober." 

"Hermione, what I said about marrying you back in the original bar... I meant it too, and I was sober. I faked being drunk so I could use it as an excuse, in case you... rejected me," he admitted.

There was a long pause.

Hermione spoke, "Well don't you want to marry me?" 

I do, Draco thought. I do want to marry you. I want to marry you so badly. But I don't believe you really want to marry me. After everything I've done, from the time we met 'til now, I don't think you'll ever forgive me after what I did. I can't rid of this guilt inside me. And it was all for you, it was because of you. Draco confessed.

"Yes, yes I do. And yes I will," he said, taking a flask of liquor out from his jacket pocket, and sipping it.