"Aiden." The cold man replied.

Suddenly, Aiden held his arms out, his grey-blue eyes shut tight, and used all of his power to summon Shadows of his own. Aiden's Shadows erupted from his palms, swirling around Erridor and my brother as they cocooned the two.

"Now!" I whispered, and everyone took off. Thalia dashed towards the storage room; Amber sprinted with Rainsong down to the prison cells, Navi ran towards some rooms for the soldiers, and Avyn turned to me one last time.

It hurts me to leave you, Lana. His voice sounded so broken, so sad.

I know. But I will be okay. I love you, Avyn.

So many memories.

Let's not make this our last one, I warned him, and he sighed and bounded off in the direction of some random hallway.

As for me, I had volunteered for the most dangerous position. I sprinted towards the back of the room, where I saw chests upon chests of weaponry, armor, food, and other supplies for the working dragons, back when they were forced to fire onto Erridor's prison cage.

It took me a while just to get back there, but eventually I managed. I tucked myself into one of the chests with raw slabs of flesh in it, ignoring the repulsive smell of rotten meat, and for a finishing touch propped open the lid ever so slightly so I could peek out.

Just in the nick of time, the Shadows surrounding Erridor and Aiden, which were blinding Erridor and letting us hide, dissipated. Erridor screamed out as he noticed none of us were there. Then he saw the wall in front of the door was still in tact, and he let out a breath of relief.

"You may have let your friends and your dragon run and hide, but you will not escape me." Erridor snarled. He raised his hand and Shadows lifted Aiden up. Aiden gasped for breath, and Erridor loosened his bonds ever so slightly.

"I will hunt them down one by one. I will kill each and every one of them while you watch, son." Erridor spat, and stalked away. I bit the inside of my cheek to restrain from gasping when I saw he was heading towards where Thalia had hidden; the storage room.

In the darkness of my hiding spot, I fiddled with my twin daggers.

In only a few minutes, Erridor was dragging Thalia out by her braided red hair. Thalia screamed and kicked at him, and eventually Erridor used his magic to tie her up as well, next to Aiden. My friends looked at each other frantically as Erridor headed off Again, this time towards where Avyn was hidden.

I nearly screeched at the thought of him harming Avyn, but managed to stay still and quiet as Erridor walked cockily towards the hallway Avyn had ventured off to. He walked a mere few yards away from me and just the thought that if he had turned and seen me, the plan would have been ruined, nearly drew me to tears.

Lana, are you all still okay? I heard Avyn's voice. I let out a shaky sigh to hear him.

Yes Avyn, the plan is working so far I guess, but Erridor is coming your way. Do your worst to him if possible.

Okay, you are so brav- Suddenly I felt Avyn's fear as our mind link severed. I tried to control my breathing - it was hard, but I had to do it for Avyn. A mere few minutes later Erridor emerged again, with Avyn constricted by Shadows and being pulled along behind him like a sack of rice.

Erridor propped Avyn up next to Aiden and Thalia and then went off in some random direction. I was relieved to find that it was one of the hallways nobody had went down.

Nearly ten minutes later, Erridor returned stormily, looking more furious and insane than he had before. His hand and his eye were both twitching, his face looked like he had scratched himself with his own fingernails, and his breathing was rugged.