11

— June 6, 2018
Don't forget to vote and comment !

Johnny

As I pulled into the driveway with Lauren I received a text message from Maddie (kenzie's sister not his).

Maddie : CALL ME NOW.

Johnny : is something wrong?

Maddie : JUST CALL ME NOW.

regular : johnny
italic : maddie

"Maddie? What's happening? What's going on? Are you guys okay?" I bombarded questions at her.

"K-kenzie" She stutters.

"Kenzie what? Are you crying?"

"She's in t-the h-hospital." Maddie sobs.

Tears filled my eyes and I heard hospital.

"I'm on my way with Lauren."

I run inside the house yelling for Lauren since she went upstairs.

"Lauren!" I shout

"What do you want John?"

"Kenzie's in the hospital we have to leave now." I say as she walks down the stairs.

Tears fill her eyes as well and she runs towards me. She hugs me and cries onto my shoulders.

"I-I know Lauren. Text the groupchat. Let's go." I say.

How did this even happen? We were in a good place during school and now this.

iconic group

laur : um i need to tell you all something

hayden : what's up?

carson : you okay?

laur : kenzie's in the hospital. :/.

annie : oh my god do you know why?

nadia : i'm actually crying, can we see her?

laur : annie, no and nadia, i'm not sure, mads told us to go there and i'll let you guys know from there

joey : i hope she's okay

ruby : please let us know the updates :/.

hayden : how's john feeling about this?

laur: not good. he's driving rn and i can see him holding back his tears

brynn : argg. we were doing so good earlier, lauren comfort your brother and we'll be there whenever we can

laur : will do, love you all ❤️

Lauren let out a big sigh and leaned back on the seat.

"John, stay strong. I know it hurts but we have to be strong for Kenzie and you know that." Lauren says after the silence.

"I'll try. I just can't bare this. My bestfriend. My girlfriend. In the hospital." I reply with a sigh.

We arrive at the hospital. Maddie and Melissa were crying into each other's arms.

"Maddie, tell them what happened. I need to call Mer and Dale." Melissa sobs and walks away.

"B-basically. Kenzie was getting ready to cross the street when a s-speeding car was heading towards her. No one knows what happened after but we're waiting here for a few minutes until they let us see her." Maddie quietly says.

Lauren starts crying onto my shoulders again.

Minutes pass by of silence and the doctor allows us to go check on her.

"I'm guessing you guys are her siblings and you're the mother?" The doctor points.

"No, I'm her sister. They're her bestfriends and also her boyfriend." Maddie reassures.

"I see okay." The doctor replies.

I can see him get embarrassed.

"I'm Dr. Saner. Well. Mackenzie here is not in too much of a serious condition. She may or may not, we are unsure of this, remember everyone. She is in a coma and she can hear you so make sure you speak every word to her." He says.

"When will she be awake?" I ask.

"We are also unsure of that. Any other questions?" Dr. Saner asks.

"When can our other friends see her?" Lauren asks.

"In about 3 days. Right now it can only be her family and closest friends which I'm guessing is you all." Dr. Saner answers.

"Got it." Lauren replies.

"W-will you know if she's gonna make it through this?" Melissa tries not to start crying.

"Now if it were someone older in this situation, say in their 40s or 50s they'll likely survive. Since Mackenzie is so young, only 15. She'll make it through if she allows her body to. Younger teenagers and adults have a higher chance of surviving." Dr. Saner replies in a deep voice.

"I see. So we just talk to her? She'll hear everything we say?" I question.

"Yes." He answers.

"Thank you Dr. Saner." Maddie softly smiles.

iconic group

johnny : three days.

brynn : what do you mean three days?

laur : basically you can all see her in three days. the doctor said she'll make it through if she allows her body to and since she's so young it's a high chance

carson : i'm glad

john : i know kenzie will get through this

annie : can't wait to see her, i miss her so much already

nadia : ruby and i are still wondering how this happened :/

john : she was getting ready to cross the street when a speeding car went towards her and you basically know what happens next

hayden : tell melissa and maddie that we're sending all our love to them, and you guys too

joey : ^^

____________

well that was more of what's gonna happen

[ 807 words ]