𝙉 𝙄 𝙉 𝙀

Chapter 9
I wake up knowing it was Saturday, best day of the week. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and cleaned up my room a bit. Who knew studying for hours could just leave your room a mess. I mean come on, how did papers get everywhere? Like I never realized just how many textbooks, binders, and notebooks I owned. I just hope it is all worth it. Once my room was nice and neat I went downstairs and grabbed a yogurt and piece of toast. Honestly one of my favorite breakfasts I eat. Peach yogurt was so freaking amazing I will never get tired of it. And the honey my dad gets, uhhhh. Thank you honey bees for bringing this amazing sweetness into my life. I was strolling through instagram, looking at everyone's stories. I had the social media app, but I don't even use it. I just don't get why people use followers and multiple accounts as a popularity contest. Like why do you need 4 accounts. The main, finsta, spam, or your job/hobby. It's just you know everyone who follows you're main account is going to follow all of the others, so why do you need them. The same people are following you, nothing new. And its just more useless attention on yourself. I only use it to keep up with my friends from home, without it I don't think we would stay in touch. As I watch more stories, people getting coffee and blah blah blah, until I see the girl I saw at school the other day. She asked me about coming to her party today.
"Hey Guys!! Just wanted to remind everyone that tonight I'm having a party at my place. Starts at 10:00, hope you don't miss it!!" She said before the video ended.
I forgot about that. I don't know if I'll go, I really don't feel like watching people get wasted and high, and me be a wallflower. Party's just aren't my thing. But the girl, I think her name is Gwen, said Peter would be there. Well if he would go, why can't I. Besides, it might be a fun way to start the year. Just no drinking or smoking, keeping this body clean and healthy. I also don't get why teenagers, or people in general do that to themselves. If you get drunk, you know your going to have a hangover in the morning. If you do drugs, you're basically letting you're body decay inside you. After all of what our parents, and teachers say about this, highs schoolers still can't seem to take it seriously. I'll think about it, if I have nothing better to do tonight I'll go. I already finished my homework because I see my mom on Sunday. Even though she is my mother, I still get nervous when I see her. What if one day I came and I cause something to go wrong, or I won't get to come back and talk because she won't be there anymore. Just the thoughts made me get goosebumps. Imagining a life without my mother tears me apart, I wouldn't be here without her. I tried to not focuse on my mom all the time, but I can't help but worry about her. A mother to most people is the one person who probably knows us better than ourselves. Thinking this always shakes me to the core, and they haunt me day and night. But I continue to tell myself that she is strong, and will beat this. There is always a possibility. I push these thoughts down, trying to focus on something else. My dad was already at work, so I knew I was alone in the apartment. I grabbed my earbuds, pencil case, sketchbook, water bottle and my phone and decided to go out. When I was stressed or bored I would either walk around Queens, take random photos, or hang out at my favorite coffee shop. It was very convenient that it was only 1 block away, so I never had to go far from home. As I was walking there, I tried to think of what I was going to draw. I had just finished one of Spiderman, and didn't have any other photos of him.

Once I arrived at the shop, Sweetleaf Coffee Roasters I ordered a hot vanilla latte because it was actually kind of chilly out. I guess the fall weather was coming sooner than expected. I got a small table and got my stuff out, waiting for my coffee to be ready. I looked up on google "drawing ideas"and found a website that listed multiple ideas. I came across one that said draw a coffee and pastry from a local cafe. Perfect. I will draw my coffee, sounds simple and easy.
" Amelia" I heard my name being called. I went up to the counter, took my coffee and thanked them. I sat down and took a picture of the beautiful design in the latte, and took a sip right after. Ahhh, so good. I could feel the warmth of liquid running down my throat, warming me up inside. I put my earbuds in loosing all sense of the world around me, starting to draw the cup of coffee from the picture on my phone. Shading the areas that were darker, and adding highlights it was beginning to look normal. When you start drawing or painting in the beginning it usually looks very strange. But once you add the fine details, and value it looks real. And that is how you know your doing a good job. Continuing to draw, adding the details of the marble table around the coffee cup I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I looked up, taking my earbuds out to see Michelle peering over my shoulder. 
" That's good" she said.
" Thank you. I hate it when I have nothing to draw and then just draw random stuff, like my coffee"
" Oh my gosh same, can I sit?"she asked.
" Of course" I said, moving my stuff out of the way.
" How long have you been drawing slash and artist"she asked.
" Well, I have been making art since I was little. But I really started getting serious with it when I was around 13"
" Cool. Yeah I have started like a year ago. I would get bored and doodle random people in my class, and then it just evolved into me drawing people"
"Nice. I thinking drawing or doodle is just a great way to calm down, and relax"
"Mhm. I wanted to ask, what pencils and supplies do you use. I saw in your binder one day a drawing of Spiderman and it looked really cool. I promise I'm not stalking you or anything I just saw it in your binder at lunch"
" It's totally fine. I use Prisma Colors for graphite pencils and stuff. And I really like Caran D'ache for colored pencils. And for markers I use Copics"
" Arn't those really expensive though"
" Yes, but they work so well and they last long too"
" Well, I will look into getting some"
" I definitely recommend them for good supplies. Sometimes Crayola doesn't always cut it"
" Haha, yeah. That's for sure"
For about an hour Michelle and I talked about everything. My life back in Chicago and having to move to New York because of my mother. She had lived in New York all her life, and was a little bit like me. Both only child's, and weren't very close to our parents anymore. I was losing touch with my dad, but I tried to keep my mom updated on everything. Her parents worked a lot, and just didn't really care what she did or not. She was a little bit of a book worm, and is now the Academic Decathlon team captain. Even though we really just met and got to know each other, I can already tell we will be good friends in the future. I looked at the time on my phone and decided I better get back to the apartment.
"Alright, well it was nice getting to know you Michelle, but I have to run." I said wile packing my stuff back up. I pushed my chair in, with Michelle right behind me as we were heading to the door.
" Hey, are you going to Gwen's party tonight?" She asked.
" I was thinking about it. Are you going?"
" Surprisingly yes, I have nothing better to do"
" I guess I'll see you there then"
" Great!"
" I'll see you there Michelle!"
" You too. Oh and you can call me MJ"
" Ok, well see ya MJ!" I said while stepping out of the cozy cafe, into the chilly air.
" Bye Amelia!" she yelled as we both headed opposite directions, and parted ways.

Yay! Amelia is friends with Michelle. Next chapter is gonna be fun.
Pls vote and comment!!
Xoxo,
Ava