Chapter 1 : A rising star

Start from the beginning

I was grateful, Alhamdulillah that I had pious parents, who taught me what to do and recite when thunder and lightning occurred. I started reciting the Shahadah and the Ayat-ul-Kursi. Then I remembered there is a chapter on Thunder in the Quran, Surah Ar-Rad. As I read through each successive verse , beautiful and flawless, two verses caught my eye:

'He is the One Who keeps visually showing to you people the lightning, causing a state of fear and generating hope of profitability. [release of atmospheric nitrogen brought down by rain-sustenance 45:05]. And He gradually and successively raises the [middle] drifting/trailing heavy laden clouds. (12)

The thunder hymneth His praise and (so do) the angels for awe of Him. He launcheth the thunder-bolts and smiteth with them whom He will while they dispute (in doubt) concerning Allah, and He is mighty in wrath.' (13)

Allah shows us using the thunder and lightning his power over us, to fear him, yet he still has mercy on us, as he lets the blessed rain fall and rejuvenate the Earth, he causes the lightning to release nitrogen, (which is a part of the nitrogen cycle), so that the plants and crops can use it to build proteins and grow, which we eat from. Everything we see with our eyes, everything we hear, touch, taste and smell, is a sign from Allah. I sought forgiveness from Allah for my past sins, for he loves those who turn back to him.

I then prayed my Esha salah (night prayer) and went to sleep. Well I tried to. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a zombie or something. For some reason I am still wide awake. So I decided to look at the night sky. Gazing upon the sky, I was awestruck by the darkness of the night, darker than smeared charcoal, small splashes of silver glittering here and there; smokey grey clouds deteriorated under the fluorescent silver rays of the moon, as if they were shadows to be vanquished.

Layla sent me a message on Whats app 'Heyy, what are you doing at this time of night? Are you robbing a house or something?' Got to love this girl and her crazy comments.

'Haha lol yeah, how did you know?' I asked sarcastically.

'What!? Seriously, stealing is a form of oppression you know. HARAAM. 'Layla responded abruptly.

'-_- Layla I was joking...' I replied. Whenever I try to be sarcastic, people believe me right away. I always try my best to be honest, so people usually believe me, but come on, can they not detect a little sarcasm?

'Haha I actually thought you were saying the truth. Were you being sarcastic?' Layla asked.

Well duh! 'No, I was flying on a magic carpet with a monkey.' I replied, wondering whether Layla would actually believe it or not.

'OMG I actually believed you for a sec but then I realised you were being sarcastic LOL.' Layla replied truthfully.

'You deserve a medal, just joking :p , what are you doing anyways?' I asked.

'Oh I woke up to pray Fajr, what about you?' Layla enquired. A wave of guilt passed through me. I realised that Allah had kept me awake to worship him, to be alone with him, whilst all others slept and neglected him.

'I'm gonna pray now, Jazak'Allah Khair for reminding me!' I immediately got up to pray Fajr. I thanked Allah for blessing me with such pious friends.

'I'm back L' , I whats app Layla.

'Wanna go on FKO, I'm bored.' she asked.

'Yeah sure, I feel the same lol.' I replied, while I wondered about how to defeat 'The Enchantress'.

'Cool, meet me at the Floating Chambers.' Layla informed me.

I logged in to my account and I met up with Layla. I started to type in the chat box when I see a line of flashing words run by the screen. I froze. I read the neon coloured words: 'VanGuard has defeated the enchantress and gains 1000 exchangeable gold , the Diamond Armor and much more in the 5 star gift pack!'

No way! Someone managed to defeat the Enchantress? And they obtained one of the armors with the highest defense, the diamond armor! How- Suddenly my phone vibrated and I checked it to see that Layla had sent me a message :

'OMG, did you see that! Someone defeated the Enchantress! What the heck, even we couldn't beat her, just wow *_* ! '

'IKR!!! , guess there is always someone above you.' I replied, the shock still lingering inside me.

'I know but you know how difficult it is to beat her!' Layla stated matter-of-factly.

Just when I was about to reply, my inbox icon began flashing in the corner of the laptop screen. I clicked on it, thinking it was probably about some special event or server maintenance.

My eyebrows knitted close together in thought while I read the message: 'Hey Nuzhat, we finally meet again. From VanGuard.'