Chapter 4

It's the day after Gayu's engagement. All the elders have gone away to the Kuldevi's Mandir in Fatehpur. The youngsters gathered in the living room in their pajamas and popcorn. All the cousins joined the group. Yash, Ananya, Naira, Karthik, Vivaan, Gayu, Kuhu and Naksh were busy gossiping when Keerti joined them with the gifts they received the day before.

Vivaan and Gayu glanced at each other. Gayu blushed when everybody started hooting. They started opening the gifts. Half of the gifts were money in envelopes. Occasionally they clicked their tongue in dislike when they gave a little less money. Keerti got up in the middle and returned with mango ice-cream for everybody.

All of them thanked her for the ice-cream. Suddenly Yash spoke up "Me and Rose spent a whole day unwrapping our gifts after our wedding. It was a good time. Naksh, when did you and Keerti Bhabhi open your gifts?" Naksh and Keerti smiled at each other.

Flashback

Naksh and Keerti returned from the Goenkas house after the wedding. When they came into the room, they saw their gifts all perched up in one corner of the room. Naksh and Keerti gave each other a mischievous smile. They changed their clothes and sat on the floor cross -legged and started opening their gifts. Every time they came across a steel utensil, Keerti and Naksh burst out laughing. There were 4 cookers, many steel bowls and a few plates. A few gifts were greeting cards by little kids, which made Keerti feel emotional. Soon, they got out all the money envelopes and a calculator. After an hour, the total was 3,40, 101 rupees. They made a deal to split the money and took 1,70,050 rupees each.

Naksh spoke up: Some things between a couple should stay between a couple.

Keerti: I second that.

They spent another few hours chilling before they went away to their rooms.

A few bags of luggage were put out. Keerti was checking if she put in everything they needed for the cruise. Keerti sat down on the bed thinking of the memories she would make.

---------------------------------A WEEK LATER---------------------------------------

All the Singhanias were checking their bags and their tickets for the last time.  They all set off to the Udaipur city railway station. They got into their compartments and sat down. 

Naksh sat in front of Keerti.

Naksh: It would be nice if Naira joined us here.

Keerti: She wanted to, but Dadi said that they would come by flight. Dadi hates trains. But I love trains.

Naksh: Why do you like trains? And why does Dadi hate trains?

Keerti: You have your own discovery channel beside you. And you get to make new acquaintances. Besides flying causes pollution, something I am deeply against.  Dadi hates trains because trains are a little unclean.

Naksh smiled.

Naksh: I like trains too but I like sleeping on the top.

Keerti: Not fair, even I want to.

Naksh: Zid mat karo, Keerti

Keerti: I am not being stubborn. I have not been in a train for a long time.

Naksh: Okay, are you open with sharing your seat with me?

Keerti: But there would be no space between you and me...

Keerti realized what he meant. She looked away and blushed. Naksh enjoyed making her blush.

Naksh took out a game of snakes and ladders. Keerti happily started playing the game.