Chapter 2 "Best Friend"

(Layla’s POV)

I woke up and I did not feel any different but it was like four in the evening. I missed two school days because of that woman and I was not even a Demon. I then thought it would be best if I was not a demon. I decided to get dressed and walked to school. I was going to tell Miss Reva that I did not want to be a Demon. On my way I encountered a weird magical creature. He was a horse man and he had a cross bow. I was worried about what was going to happen to me, I could feel an adrenaline rush but I also felt a mother’s arms. The horse man shot an arrow with fire as I paused in fear. I knew this was the end for me so I closed my eyes…

I opened them and I saw Zen in front of me. He was in a serious mood. I saw another stranger who was dressed weird. He wore slippers, normal pants and a t-shirt. He had his face covered with a beanie and scarf. He held a stick with a skull on it. Zen then told me to stay put. I listened to him since he saved my life. I saw that weird guy walk towards Zen. He looked very serious although his head was covered. Zen’s hands started to burn in flames. The horse man shot more flame arrows as Zen caught it and kept on sucking out the flames from the arrow and he ingested them. I found this weird and freaky. Zen’s body started to burn in flames. He then roared fire out of his mouth as I was astonished by his body. It hit the horse man and burned him. The weird guy made a skull shoot a ray of darkness. These two were Demons that possessed very powerful magic. The horse man was gone as I gave a hug to Zen for saving my life. Zen told me the horse man’s name was Sagittarius and he escaped. I did not care because I was safe. Zen introduced me to the mysterious guy. His name was Kelantan Merican and I was trying not to laugh. That was a name of state in Malaysia. Kelantan disappeared in an instant as I was curious how he and Zen were strong. Zen looked at me and wanted to know where I was going. I told him that I was heading to Miss Reva to know why I was not a Demon. Zen laughed and said I was already a Demon. I then wanted to know how come I did not possess any magic. He then told me that eventually every Demon finds their magic. I hope my magic was something cool that I could use to protect myself. I decided to go to find out what I missed in school for the past two days so I could catch up on my homework. I thanked Zen again and walked off.

(Narrator)

Zen was not finding it easy as two friends were at the mercy of Lucifer. He and Kelantan were investigating and found no clue of them surviving. Zen was somebody with a dark past but was enlightened by his family the Scarecrow guild. He was a born half-blood demon. He was wondering what Miss Reva was going to do. Soon he got a weird vibe and so he headed to room 404. There, he met Miss Reva. Miss Reva had given him a daytime S-class mission. Demons and Mission have ranks and S is the highest while E is the lowest. Zen was expected to head to a church in town and take a healer. Zen was not going do this alone this but Daniel was going to join on this adventure. Zen and Daniel headed to one of the most dangerous churches. This church was filled with priests and priestesses who were well skilled to kill and seal Demons.

(Daniel’s POV)

My heart was pounding in fear as we reached that church but Zen was not afraid. He was a Christian and he believed that God would not mind this deed. He opened the door as we walked in. It was dark as we saw a girl kneeling down and praying. He walked to her and grabbed her as she screamed. He put his hand over her mouth. He was going to walk out but than a priest came and he was a famous one known as “The Devil Slayer”. His name was Xavier and I was going to use my dark regnum magic. Zen passed her to me. I held her hands tight but I did not close her mouth so she begged Xavier to save her. Xavier made his promise to do so as he referred to himself as a Devil slayer. Zen was smiling as his flames were blazing on his body boiling the air. Xavier was laughing as he pulled a Devil slaying sword. He ran towards Zen. Xavier swung the sword at Zen’s neck but Zen caught the sword with one hand. He laughed and said he was a Devil Slayer. Xavier then remembered who Zen was. Zen had melted his sword with his flames. Xavier was scared as he could not believe he was with the son of the Death Note. He kept on shouting at Zen on how he was Death Note’s son. Zen used his flame Devil slaying magic as he punched Xavier which made him go flying through the church roof. The girl screamed so I covered her mouth and nose for her to suffocate and faint. I carried her as Zen and I went to the hideout. It was around ten and we were in the hideout. We dropped off the girl. Miss Reva took a look at her and found something very interesting. She had the look of fate and decided that instead of giving her to Lucifer she was going to keep her. I was shock to hear this. Miss Reva than said this girl was a Demon. I was extremely shock to hear she was in church. Miss Reva said she could use sky Devil slaying magic. Miss Reva was obviously going to get her on a five year deal. Zen left and he seemed a bit angry. I actually wondered if it was because of Xavier mentioning Death Note to him. I never knew about his past but things did not go well for him with the Zolskier family. I decided to go and prepare a shisha pot for myself.