"Your father and I.." I looked down on the floor waiting for her to expand. We both jumped when we heard the door knock. I looked back up at her. Did she invite one of her friends over as well. I stood up walking back to the front door. I opened the door to my mother and Kenny. They were laughing. Kenny stood behind my mother towering her. He didn't seem at all daunting as he smirked behind her. Something she had said had obviously set him off.

"I forgot my keys, sorry." My mother said walking into the house. Kenny walked in behind her dropping the shopping bags on the floor. My eyes jumped from the 'Office' to 'Zara' and 'Selfridges' bags. Kenny was back in my mother's good books and back into her pockets.

"How was school youngin'?" Kenny rubbed my head using that annoying nickname.

"Fine. How was shopping?"

"Good, I got you a little something." I tried to conceal my grin, but I loved the way Kenny dressed. No matter what he had gotten me I knew I'd like it.

"Do you have a friend over?" my mum asked taking off her coat. "Are they from college?" She continued, walking into the living room.

"Finally introducing your boyfriend to us?" I rolled my eyes following my mum into the living room. I stopped behind her waiting for her to sit down or something. I didn't expect what erupted in my living room.

"Why are you here?" Mum almost whispered.

"You know her?" I asked looking at Belinda then back to my mum.

My mum ignored me. Instead she frowned her eyebrows waiting for Belinda answer.

"Why would you allow a stranger in the house?" Kenny asked me clearly enraged. She obviously wasn't a stranger if he knew the number to the house, what I looked like and where I lived. Despite saying this, I shrugged. Kenny was aggressive and anything I would have said would have started an argument. I didn't want to argue over someone I didn't even know.

He however, had other ideas. "Answer me then."

"Kenny leave it." My mum placed her hand on Kenny's arm instantly calming him. I watched them and started to get angry myself. This was the issue. They had their own secret language and secrets that they refused to let me in on. Kenny shook his head at me as if I had disappointed him.

"What's the big problem?" I asked.

Kenny's anger was re-sparked by my simple question. "The big problem?" He scoffed.

"Yeah, I don't see what I did wrong."

"Other than allowing a stranger into our home?"

"Our home?" I chuckled. I usually avoided conflict but Kenny was slowly getting me angry. "The home that you leave for 3 to 4 weeks at a time?"

"Yeah." Kenny nodded smiling. "I don't wanna see her in this house again." He turned to Belinda who was still sitting there playing with the hem of her dress. "In fact, why are you still sitting there?"

"We all need to have an honest conversation."

" I will sling you out I if blink and you are still here." He threatened.

"Kenny." My mum again placed her hand on Kenny to calm her down but this time it didn't work. He advanced towards her as if he was going to do something.

"Just leave, Belinda."

"How is she a stranger if mum knows who she is then?" I asked Kenny.

Kenny ignored me. "You're still sitting there?"

"Please don't speak to me like that Kenneth?" I raised my arms up at Belinda calling Kenny by his full name. No one called him by his full name. How well did she know him and everyone else in this family?