Chapter 8

Third Person POV

Marinette and Adrien had been very busy after Adrien had asked her to go to prom with her. Adrien had gone out to buy a tux and Marinette had gone out to buy material to make her dress.

As Marinette walked out of the store with a bag full of red and black fabric, she saw a tall hooded figure coming her direction.

"Umm.... do I know you??" She asked. The figure smirked under the hood. He reached forward and took her hand. "Let go of me!" She yelled. With that, he held her wrist even harder. Marinette tried her best to get out of his reach, but his hold was to strong. Whomever this guy was, he was a jerk. He smirks as he pushes her. She closes her eyes as she feels the impact of the cement. She can hear someone yelling, but it's all fuzzy. It's like she's underwater. All of the sudden she felt someone charging towards them.

Then everything goes black.

Adrien POV

I walk out of the store with the tux I'll be wearing. It's black and it has a green tie, just like my eyes. Marinette will definitely like it. As I turn the corner I see a tall hooded figure holding a girl back. She's yelling and trying to get him off her. He pushes her and she falls down to the floor.

"Hey!" I yell loudly. "Get off her!" The figure turns around and all I can see is their mouth; it's twisted into a sickening grin. I look down at the girl and see that it's Marinette.

"MARINETTE!!! GET OFF HER YOU PSYCHO!!" I scream as I charge towards her. The figure is still holding her wrist tightly, but I get him off her. I push Marinette back and face the hooded figure. The hood has fallen off.

It.
Was.

Luka.

An angry roar escaped me. He can mess with me all he wants. He can send big buff guys to beat me up. But he cannot mess with my princess. I look at Luka angrily.

"If you actually loved her you wouldn't hurt her." I say. His gaze drops down to her beautiful face. She's knocked out because he pushed her. I hug her, I put her head against my chest.

"Everything will be okay, relax Marinette. It's fine. I love you. It's alright. You're safe now." I whisper into her hair. I give her a small kiss on the top of her nose. Her eyes flutter open and they light up when she sees me. I look up and see that Luka is slowly walking away. Yeah, I think to myself, walk away.

I help Mari stand up. She's confused as to what just happened. The last thing she remembers is walking out of the store with her fabrics and then it's all fuzzy for her. I walk her home, scared that something else might happen if she's alone. She says that everything will be alright, that she can handle herself, after all she's Ladybug. But after that incident with Luka, I'm afraid of what might happen to my princess. She finally allows me to walk her home. As we arrive to her house she turns to look at me.

"Thank you for helping me Chat." She says.

"No problem Princess. I couldn't let that jerk hurt you." I reply feeling tears fill my eyes.

"Oh gawd Adrien, why are you gonna cry??" She asks mockingly.

"Because, Mari..." I trail off. "Mari... just imagine what could've happened if I hadn't saved you? Where would you be? What would've happened?!" I can feel tears falling down my cheeks. I look down, ashamed that I'm crying. I feel Marinettes warm hand over my cheek. She slowly wipes away the tears and I look up at her. Her eyes are watery too.

"I don't know what could've happened," she says. "But I do know that you're my hero kitty." She gives me a small kiss on the cheek. She runs her hand through my hair and then tucks it begins my ear. I smile and so does she.