A Collaboration

Magsimula sa umpisa

Harry came to know about Remus and Sirius' relation the next day itself. He already knew about Severus and Lily. He was now feeling rather lonely. Harry was absolutely more than happy for the two couples. He also knew about a girl named, Lucinda Malfoy of Ravenclaw who happened to have a huge crush on James Potter. Harry knew it was only a matter of time till they also got together. So Harry now distanced himself from them even more. It's been over a week since he started giving Peter his lessons and now he was doing well in each and every class. He was not a shadow of the Marauders anymore, he has now become a more confident and courageous person. He still helped him whenever he asked him, but he didn't need regular training anymore. Harry has also stopped going to them in his animagus form also. Tomorrow, he will be going to Riddle's Manor to retrieve the Hufflepuff's cup. He had only a few months of his life left. He wanted to live it peacefully so that when it's time to go there will be no one to stop him or cry for him. He rather liked it that way. His only friend in his solitary life was Dobby. He liked to talk to the elf. It was a sort of refreshment for him. Other than him, he rarely talked to anyone.

Harry was walking through an empty hallway when he heard the distinct voices of Moony and Padfoot. They sounded rather happy. He smiled slightly and turned to walk away. But as soon as he turned he came face to face with James and Peter.

"Hi Peter. Hello Potter." Harry said curtly and attempted to walk away. But they stopped him.

"Hi Harry, what's up?" Peter asked smiling. He can never be enough thankful with Harry for his help.

At the sound of their voices Remus and Sirius also came towards Harry. They have seen him distance himself from everyone. He wore the same tired and worn out face every day. They were actually worried about the boy.

"Nothing Peter, just going to the library. Just wanted to issue some books," Harry lied evenly.

"You are always in the library, come with us. We are heading towards the Black lake. Let's talk, come on Harry." Peter insisted.

"No Peter, please leave me alone. I've errands to do rather than joking around." Harry said. By now he was trying very hard to not break down crying in front of them.

"Okay, we also have our home works. Let's do them together." Remus suggested. Surprisingly, James, Sirius and Peter also agreed on that.

"You people are rather desperate to accompany me. Otherwise Black and Potter doing homework in a free period is an absurd incident. Even the other Gryffindors will agree with me. Leave me alone guys." Harry said but he couldn't hold it any longer. Tears started rolling down his eyes. "Bye Guys. And congrats on your relationship Padfoot and Moony, I've a gift for you two." Harry said and pulled out a pouch from the pocket of his robe. He handed it on Remus's hand. He then took Sirius' hand and placed it over the pouch. He stared at them for a long time. "Have a wonderful life." Harry said and looked away quickly. He then stared at James for some time and ran away. The Marauders watched at the retreating figure of Harry.

"What's in the pouch?" James asked after some time. Remus opened the pouch carefully. There were two boxes in them. On one it was written, 'Remus J. Lupin' and on the other it was written 'Sirius O. Black'. Remus handed the box with Sirius's name to him and opened his box. Inside was a beautiful platinum ring studded with ruby. On the centre of the ring was engraved 'until the last breath'. Remus was stunned to say the least. He knew red was Sirius' favourite colour so it was the perfect promise ring for him. He looked over at Sirius' box to see it contained another platinum ring but had inbuilt designs. He himself liked simple things more than extravagant ones. In the middle was engraved 'forever and eternity'. Remus instantly fell in love with the ring. He looked up to see Sirius had the same surprised expression. Even Peter and James wore a similar dumbfounded look.