Let It go (ft. Loki Cumberston)

Mulai dari awal

Instead, moments later, he heard Sherlock.

"Loki... what are you doing here?"

Loki almost dropped the Casket, but just managed to keep maintain his grip.

"It's... not important," he answered slowly, "just... don't come any closer."

He opened his eyes, seeing spirals of blue running up his arms. Thinner and paler in colour than he remembered, but at least they were there.

Although at the moment, he wasn't sure if he should be feeling relieved.

He put the Casket down, turning to face Sherlock with his hands behind his back as the blue drained away.

Sherlock frowned.

"If you've come to ask me to come back with you to the others, I'm not coming," Loki replied.

"That was an unnecessarily complex sentence," Sherlock answered, "and no, that's not why I'm here. Although you've been gone for over half an hour and Miss Hudson and Sif are no doubt getting worried."

"Then why are you here?" Loki enquired with a slight (admittedly adorable) frown.

"To ask you something."

Loki was on the verge of gesturing for him to go ahead, but then remembered why he was keeping his hands behind his back and nodded instead.

Sherlock hesitated.

"Go on."

"Well... I was wondering whether you had an at least semi-scientific explanation for Laufey's skin colour."

Loki snorted.

"That's what's bothering you? Go back to your Mind Palace mortal, you won't believe my answer anyway."

"I might not believe it, but I at least want to have your opinion," Sherlock protested.

"Don't ask for the facts if you can't handle them," Loki snapped, turning back to the Casket.

"Loki, please."

Loki scowled.

"It's because he's travelled to my dimension and spent too much time on the ice planet Jotunheim, and also because his alternate universe self is a Jotun. A Frost Giant."

Sherlock blinked.

"See, you don't believe me," Loki rolled his eyes, running his fingertips over the Casket once more.

"I... What is a Frost Giant?"

Afterwards, Loki would no doubt regret his next actions. All the possible outcomes flashed through his head within seconds as he tightened his grip on the Casket of Ancient Winters. He imagined Sherlock freaking out, he imagined being imprisoned, he imagined Odin banishing him somehow.

There's only one thing that seperates villains from super villains.

Presentation.

He turned around.

"This... is a Frost Giant."

He breathed raggedly as the blue spread up his arm gradually in thin spirals, reaching into his chest and touching his shoulders. The first time he'd experienced the Frost Giant's touch, his sleeves had disappeared as well because they'd essentially just been illusions. But this time he was wearing an actual t-shirt, which stayed intact, although it did frost over slightly.

Sherlock's mouth opened slightly as he tried to comprehend what was happening. Loki put the Casket down again, the blue draining away from his face and arms.