Paris

Anna (POV)

After that scare with Mr. Walker uncle had punished me for, I don't know what I did exactly. Oh yeah I remember for almost breaking a promise.

That's a stupid thing to punish me for.

Now I had to clean the bathrooms all by myself. Linda couldn't even help me because if she did, uncle would punish her too.

You know how many bathroom he has? Really, what's wrong with at least two.

Now I'm back in school which I might add is doing great.

Hailey who had been or thought had been my friend tried to apologized along with her twin brother Harry.

But I was mad at them. How dare they con uncle.

"I said I was sorry." Hailey pleaded as she stood in my way.

"Sorry. If you are sorry," I held out my hands, "Give the money back you took from uncle."

She looked at me as if I was joking, "I don't have it."

"Well get the hell out of my way." Pushing her aside I entered one of my class. I was taking a photography class. I know it doesn't fit well with my major but I always wanted to learn about capturing things on camera.

I heard that the camera can show what people can't see in real life. It shows true emotions and feelings. Something hidden and I wanted to learn that. I think it be good as an extra curricular.

Sitting in the class with a joy full expression the teacher held up pictures on the black bored.

Photos more or like it.

"Okay class, we are going on a trip!"

A trip! I didn't know this college goes on field trips any more. The students cheered as I covered my ears.

"Yes, it seems one of our sponsors and a very generous one at that is paying for our flights and our hotel."

Really? Who would do such a thing must be filthy rich. There are about 20 students here and the they are going to pay for every one. What would uncle say about this? Would he let me even go I wonder.

"When will this be?" A boy asked.

"The first of next month."

"And where will we be going?" Another student spoke.

"Well first just because we are going on a trip there are things you must know. First you need a sign of on all your teachers, your grade has to be 3.0 and higher and you will be going to take a picture of a memorial expedition with a report..." The students then grumbled mostly that sucks. Guess this isn't a vacation. Everyone now had a sheer of disappointment written on their faces.

However you will do so when you are touring the city of ..." she pointed to all the pictures on her wall.

They were pictures of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, "We're going to Paris." The whole class yelled in excitement forgetting that we had to do a report.

But it was exciting. "Paris." I mumbled while fumbling with my Eiffel tower necklace.

Later that night the house was eerily quiet.  Ever since that office incident auntie Megan has given uncle the cold shoulder.

I want to talk to her about not being so hard on uncle.  He's doing the best he can in what ever he's suppose to be doing.

Making me way towards her room I hesitated in knocking.  Maybe this is a bad idea.  After all auntie hasn't even acknowledge my existence.  Hell we even eat dinner separate times and I don't even eat dinner with uncle because he eats dinner with auntie.  I don't mind that seeing Linda always keeps me company and uncle well he makes sure he eats a late snack with me.

Yes I have been eating snacks around 11 pm.  Lately I have been having re-occurring nightmares which keeps me up at night.

So I would eat down stairs and when uncle had seen me sneak to have a snack he'd keep me company and we'd talk like old times.

As I was sitting down at the counter, uncle made his appearance pulling up a chair next to me.

In a quick motion I asked him, "There is this class field trip for school next month to Paris, where someone is paying for the entire class, can I go."  Saying that all in one breath is tiring.

Uncle kept his face stoic revealing nothing.  Damn his poker face.  That is the only thing I dislike about him.  It is very hard to read him.

Exhailing he opened his mouth, "You wanted to go to Paris well he's your chance."  He smiled.

That's it.  I was waiting for a 'hell no' or something.  Instead he was grinning from ear to ear.

"Are you serious I can go."

"Of course.  This is once in a life time.  Linda will help you pack."

My smiled had smiled, I was now ecstatic.  I get to go to a foreign country. 

Though apart of me is a bit sadden.  I thought my first time going to Paris would be with uncle.  After all he promise he'd take me one day.

Doesn't matter now does it, I'm going and even if he changes his mind later I'm still going.

"You're not going to change your mind later are you."

Uncle patted my head, "You go and have fun but not too much fun."

*****

The month has flown by and now I was at the airport with the rest of my class.

Linda had helped me packed my luggage and uncle well he gave me his credit card to buy what ever I wish.  Though I don't think I'll be using it.  I have my own savings.

"Anna."

"Josh!"  I beamed.

"Isn't this exciting."  Josh was another student 5 year's older than me who is also in my class.  His major was of course photographing.

"Have you even been to Paris."  I asked.

"Only once how bout you."

"Um...nope my first."  My voice held excitement.

"Great we can be tour buddies and I can show you the many different places."  Josh was cute sort of like boyish cute but not my type still he was fun to be around.

Opening his arms he pulled me into a hug until I fell backwards and had landed on a warm hard body behind me.  "Boy, keep your hands to yourself."

Looking back there was Aidan challenging Josh with a look, "Sorry sir."  Josh backed away timidly with his hands in the air.

"Uncle are you here to see me off?"

He hesitated before answering, "Yes and no boys do you understand especially that boy."

"Uncle, Josh is nice...he..."

"No, and I will know if he get's close to you again."

I don't know if I should be happy or not but uncle has been really over perspective of me.  Makes me feel sorry for his child.

"Yes dad." I once again mentally rolled me eyes.

Just then our teacher called us.  "Okay uncle see you in a week."

Walking off I waved bye to him with a smile on my face as he too again was grinning from ear to ear.  What's up with that anyway.

It was a long and tiring flight.  We were now at our hotel in our respective room.  Not only did the sponsor pay for our flights but our individual rooms.  Rich snobs I tell you.

It was now night and I had to get up bright an early tomorrow if I want to get an early start touring this amazing country.  After all this place is called the city of love.  Who knows maybe I will be friend a french dude and we can like add each other on face book or something.

After brushing my teeth a knock was heard at my door.

Who could that be.  The teacher.

Slowly opening it, my towel that was in my hand fell as I stared back into those deep hypnotizing eyes, "Uncle?"