Trails of Tears

Aidan (POV)

"Sir sorry we have no Anna Daniels in this school." I had searched different colleges, communities, universities, vocational, technical and other colleges searching for her.

Crushing the phone in my hand I threw it against the wall.

"Sir." Tony bursts into my office picking up my shattered phone, "What's wrong?"

That's right Tony doesn't know about Anna disappearing on me. For about 6 months I have not been sleeping and I actually go home hoping to find her greeting me. No such luck.

"I can't find her."

"Sir, her?"

"Anna." I plopped in my office chair.

"Have you misplace her." She joke.

"This is not funny."

"Not trying to be sir." Pulling up a chair she sat in front of my desk, "Where'd did she go?"

Five minutes, that's all it took for me to explain to her what a jack ass I have been to her.

Tony she is in her mid 30's and not once had she thrown her body at me. She was very professional and dressed professional too.

After my mini rant and complaining she laughed.

I could only raised my eye brows towards this lady who finds loosing Anna funny.

"Columbia University." She smiled.

"What?"

"That's the school she had applied for and was hoping to get in." 

Just like that my problems seemed to have lighten. "Are you telling me all this time you knew where she was and didn't tell me." I shouted.

"Sir, you um...didn't ask."  I had forgotten that Anna took a liking to Tony.

And just like that I ran out of my office and ask my driver Marcel to drive me to said University.

It was rush hour and arriving at the University may take hours here on the road.

Just then my phone had rang, "Megan."  I answered.

"Babe, it's almost 5 will you be coming home soon?  Megan has been back from Paris.  And not once has she taken another modeling job offer. 

"I'll be late coming home."  I spoke then hang up not wanting for her to nag me again.

Though it was already nearing 5:30 pm, I didn't want to waste a second more not seeing her face.

As I was out in the road things ran in my mind. Things to do. First find the kid, get her to come back home and explain to Megan of our living arrangements.

I know for a fact Megan won't be pleased but right now I don't give a fuck.  She'll just have to deal.

Arriving at the school I entered the campus only to be the center of attention.  Who knew this campus still had students attending this time of night.  I'm a bit shock at their dedication.  The girls here only gawk at me with a look I shall not forget when they are love struck.

Smiling to myself, I was still proud I could still make girls fall at my feet. Well it's not something to be proud of but still with my age nearing 30 you think I'd be feeling old. Not in this life time.

Entering the office the lady greeted with a wink, "Hello, how may I help you?"

I know how it goes. Even if I had ask for a certain student they had to respect the student's privacy, "I'm looking for a Miss Anna Daniels, does she attend here?"