Helping An Honest Man

Tails looked at the man. His mustache reaching past the outskirts of his face. His outfit reminded him of a dictator. "What's he doing here? You better have a good explanation for this." Eggman said angrily. Metal Sonic gestured for the doctor to acquaint him to the side where they whispered. Tails observed the room. It was dark, not damp like a basement but still very chilly. Little light shone in the room. It seemed to him they were underground somewhere.....The whispering behind him subsided as he was addressed by the man. "Tails." The two-tailed fox turned around. "It has been a while, hasn't it? I'm Eggman, the man you're looking for." Tails nodded with a smile. "Nice to meet you, sir, well, I might have met you but I don't remember." Eggman nodded at this. "You have met me once before. It was when this city was bustling with productivity and hope." Tails tilted his head. "What do you mean?" Eggman gestured for the fox to sit down in a chair. Eggman following suit. "You really don't remember do you?" Eggman said folding his hands together. "Remember what?" Tails said confused. Eggman let a small grin form across his face. "Well let's start from the beginning... Sonic the Hedgehog, blue guy. I'm sure you have met him. Anyway, he has been terrorizing my cities and town killing all the children I have created." Tails looked astounded. Sonic didn't seem like a killer. "This city is the last hope for mule and my people. The robots are not just metal, they are family." Eggman coughed trying to cover his inner laughing. "I don't know what to do anymore. You helped him at one point as well destroy the very ground this building lays upon..." Tails frowned from this. Ashamed he had helped with such a thing. "Eggman I'm so sorry..." Tails said thinking. "I may not be able to be forgiven for what I've done but at least use me in a way to benefit your cause. I know how to build things, I can fix things...." Tails went on. "You want to help me?" Eggman said with a smile now. "Compensation for my horrid actions against you and your people." Tails concluded with a nod. "I don't need repairing or fixing but I do need a better army...One with a strong leader." Eggman said twiddling his mustache. Tails day the edge of his seat waiting for him to say something. "What? What do you need? Maybe I can be of some use." Tails said sincerely offering his help. "Oh well, if you're sure you want to help me I guess I could have you fix a couple things..." Eggman hinted that this was the least of his concerns. "Unless..." He continued. Tails looked at the doctor. "I can do anything to help, anything. Just show me." Eggman's grin made Tails feel a bit uneasy but he would help him. It was partly his fault this poor man was stuck in this position anyway. Tails was going to fix that. He would make sure of it. Besides, he was helping an honest man...