Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

“Hey, baby girl, it’s time to get up.” She groans a little. “Colleen, we’re home.”

“Whose home?”

“Yours,” I laugh. She still isn’t awake, so I lift her out of the car carrying her bridal style to her room. I tuck her in before I grab the rest of our stuff out of the car. Louis and El followed me to the room.

“Sleep well, sweetie,” El says kissing Colleen’s forehead.

“We love you, baby girl,” Louis copies El’s gesture. The three of us walk back outside. Before the two of them leave Louis says, “I guess we’ll see you soon.”

“Yea, she and I will be packing this week. Then we have the movers taking everything to my house.”

“We’ll be here to help,” he laughs.

“Sounds good.” I hug Lou then El, and then they leave. After bringing the suitcases in the house and a quick shower I hop into bed with Colleen.

Colleen has been staying at my place for two day now since her bed has been moved here. She won’t give that up, so we actually have hers and mine in my bedroom. Her house is nearly empty. The two of us are standing outside of her house seeing the last of things being carried out. We’ve gotten this day to ourselves; they others helped us the day after we got back from vacation. I have my arms wrapped around her from behind with my chin resting on the top of her head.

“I don’t think I’m going to miss it here,” she says quietly. I don’t say anything letting her think this over. “We can go now.” I take her hand in mine, we hop in my car then head back to my place.

Tonight is the night I’m going to officially make her my girlfriend, so we’re going to the same restaurant I took her to on our first date. Colleen won’t let me see her until she’s completely ready. I let her take her time in my bedroom while I talk to my mum on the phone.

“How’s she doing, Harry?”

“I think she’s doing real well. I still don’t think she’s going to handle my life well, but I don’t want to leave her alone.”

“It’ll be okay, sweetie. She’s a strong girl. From what you’ve told me, I have no doubt that she will be able to handle anything.” I hear footsteps coming from the hallway upstairs; heels clicking against the hardwood floor. I turn towards the stairs when I hear Colleen clear her throat. “Harry? Are you there?”

I shake my head, “Yea. Colleen just came out of the room.”

“Does she look pretty?”

“She looks absolutely gorgeous,” I say staring at her; her blushing and pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

“I’ll talk to you soon, baby. I love you.”

“I love you too, mum.” I hang up the phone. “Wow. You look… Wow," I breath.

“Thank you, Harry,” she starts to descend the stairs. She’s wearing a deep red dress with a black biker jacket, black, five inch heels, and her make up the same way as our first date. She looks absolutely stunning.

“Oh, wow. You’re wearing…”

“I know. I never thought I’d be in a skin tight dress again…”

“Why’d you wear it?”

“For you,” she smiles kissing my cheek. I wrap my arm around her stopping at the mirror to see she left a red lip print that matches her dress. “I guess we shouldn’t let you go out with that,” Colleen says wiping the print from my face.

“Let’s go.” I don’t take my signature Rover tonight, but Colleen's dark blue Toyota Camry Hybrid. As we arrive at the restaurant I see that everything is blocked off, but the paparazzi are still here. Everything is being done that no one sees Colleen. Everyone working here understands since this is a popular place for celebrities. I ask for the same spot we took last time, and the manager happily complies. There are still plenty of people here, but respectable people.