Chapter Thirty-Three

Zacznij od początku

  "You may not need to complete your task, Optimus," The medic said as a map appeared on the screen.

  "An Iacon locator beacon," I frowned. That wasn't right. The beacon was in an Indonesian forest area, but I didn't sense anything. Usually when a relic was uncovered, I got a flash about it. This time, there was nothing.

  "It seems the Decepticons have already excavated the next relic," Ratchet continued.

  "Triangulate the coordinates and activate the ground bridge," Optimus ordered. The other three Autobots approached the bridge, ready for action.

  "Bring on the Cons!" Bulkhead exclaimed, barely containing his excitement. Just recently Ratchet had declared the wrecker made a full recovery and I did a quick scan with the powers of Cleona to prove it. Bulkhead was ready to head out and beat up some Cons.

  "Where is Smokescreen?" Optimus asked before they entered the ground bridge.

  "Out training again with Jack," I replied. "I'll give them a call and get them back here."

  He nodded, but still turned to the open ground bridge. "We cannot wait. Autobots, transform and roll out!"

  They did so, soon disappearing into the ground bridge, which Ratchet closed. I was still unsure of this new relic though. It didn't make any sense. Why wasn't I getting any flashes?

  "Amanda?" Miko saw my frown and headed over to me. "What's wrong?"

  "Something feels wrong," I admitted, explaining the relics and the flashes. Once I finished, even Ratchet was listening.

  "Could it be that the relic is of Decepticon origin?" He inquired.

  I shook my head. "I got a flash about the Tox-En, it doesn't matter where the relic is from."

  "Maybe the Cons didn't dig it up yet." Miko offered.

  "Then there wouldn't be a beacon." Ratchet countered, clearly thinking things over.

  "Maybe-" She started again, but my vision went silver before showing me the flash I had been waiting for.

  "My lady," A Prime had his head bowed, kneeling in front of Cleona.

  "Rise, my warrior," The goddess said and the Prime obeyed. "It is time. The scales have tipped too far in the favor of chaos. I hesitated to create a power of this magnitude, but I fear we have become desperate."

  She waved her hands in front of her, causing silver dust to fill the room. Once it cleared, a sword lay in her palms.

  "It is called the Star Saber," Cleona explained. "It was created with my powers alone and will only respond to a Prime. I am entrusting it to you now, Solus Prime. Do not tell anyone of its origin; claim that you have created this weapon. Otherwise we will all feel the consequences." Specifically her. She was never supposed to create something so powerful, but desperate times called for desperate measures. She was in charge of ensuring the scales of the universe stayed relatively equal until the time came to vanquish the chaos.

  The Prime bowed again, holding his hands out for the goddess to put the sword in them. "I will not fail you, my lady."

  "I know."

  I gasped, snapping out of the flash. Miko and Ratchet were peering at me, neither daring to interrupt the flash. Things were clear all of a sudden.

  "The relic isn't there," I pointed at the icon of where the Autobots went. "It's near the Grand Canyon."

  Ratchet frowned, but a beep from his computer confirmed my words and he contact the Bots. "Optimus, we just picked up a second Iacon locator beacon." Static. "Optimus, do you read?" More static, which made me very nervous.