not a forever thing // sp

Start from the beginning

"I was sleeping. and damn, she works fast. It literally happened like an hour ago. I'm fine though. it's for the best." Sweet Pea said dropping down onto the couch, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Do you really think that, man?" Fangs said sitting beside him.

"Yeah, things were getting toxic between us. We argued constantly. It's a good thing, i think." He said honestly.

"You only argued because you kept lying to her about things she's going to find out about eventually. She's a Serpent too, you don't think all those deals and jobs you did wouldn't find their way to her ears soon enough? You broke her heart, Pea. She's at Toni's now. Literally cried herself to sleep because you don't want her anymore. And it sounds like you just tossed her to the side like an old t-shirt that doesn't fit right anymore." Fangs said not believing for a second that Sweet Pea is this calm and nonchalant about your break up.

"She'll be okay." Sweet Pea said getting up off the couch and going back to his room, shutting the door behind him leaving fangs in utter shock on the couch. Fangs got up and left Sweet Pea's trailer, walking over to Toni's to see if you were okay. He walked in, finding you awake, still laying with your head on Toni's chest. You looked up and saw Fangs standing there with a heartbroken expression seeing you so torn up about it knowing that Sweet Pea was just fine, sleeping peacefully in his trailer just across the road. He walked over to the empty side of Toni's bed grabbing you in his arms and pulling you to his chest. Toni gave Pea and questioning look, wondering why he wasn't with Sweet Pea. Fangs shook his head, mouthing that they'd talk in the morning. Toni nodded and cuddled up to your side, holding on of your hands in hers. The two of you offering you the comfort you needed.

At school you avoided Sweet Pea at all costs. One, because you knew you wouldn't be able to hold it together seeing him act like there isn't anything happening. Seeing him happy and not as hurt and broken as you were. And two, because you refused to let him see you like this. He didn't deserve to know that you were completely heartbroken and lost without him. People started questioning things between the two of you, which you avoided with the help of Toni and Cheryl and eventually Betty and Veronica once they were caught up on everything.

Toni and Fangs helped gather all of your things out of Sweet Pea's trailer. And within weeks you were back into your own trailer. You had moved most of your stuff into Sweet Pea's after your dad left you alone. Sweet Pea told you that you could stay with him, knowing how much you hated being alone at night. He said he'd never leave you and that you never had to worry about being alone, not while he was around. You let out a scoff at the memory, tears falling from you eyes as they do most nights. So much for that, right?

You were putting your clothes away in your closet and dresser when Toni walked in.

"Hey, you wanna go hang out at the Wyrm?" she asked leaning against the door frame. You hesitated but nodded, grabbing your bag and serpent jacket as you followed Toni out.

"How are you holding up?" she asked watching as you kicked rocks down the road, your hands tucked deep into your jacket pockets.

"I wish i could say i was okay. Whenever i hear his name it makes me wanna cry and i hate it. I can't get his scent out of my clothes no matter how many times i wash them. It's like permanently embedded in everything you guys got from his place. And it just hurts. Everything hurts." you said, your voice broke at the end making Toni slide her hand into your jacket pocket and lace her fingers with yours.

"It's still fresh, y/n. You love him. You can cry all you want because it's okay to hurt. You know Fangs and i are here for you every step of the way. We'll do whatever you need us to." she comforted. You wiped your eyes and took a deep breath, calming down before you walked through the doors of the Wyrm. Toni's arm pulled you back noticing Sweet Pea's bike in the parking lot.