'You know well enough that the bad governance in Nigeria is as a result of our cultural and religious diversity. I do support the motion for the division of Nigeria'.

He turned to me, mouth open, eyes squinting, nostrils flaring, ready to show me the error of my ways.
'Hold your horses'. I said, slamming my palm on his face.
'I am in no mood for a debate'.
He slapped my hand away.

'This trip is going to last 14hours. We are going to talk about this'.
'Can I ask for a favor?' I said, doing my best to make my eyes googly.
He looked taken aback for a few seconds before shaking it off.

'Of course. Sure'.
'Throughout this journey, can you lock up nerd rat shit and let wannabe, fun freak Rasheed out? He is less annoying'.
'Your appeal is rude so, no, can't do'.
'Fine then, talk to yourself'.
I turned to the window and he tickled me.
'Stop that!'
He laughed.

'Your current is always so high'. He said like a primary schooler.
'You two are so cute'. The girl beside Rasheed cooed.
'I know right. Like Adesua and Banky'. I said cheerily.
'Davido and Chioma'. Rasheed supplied.
She chuckled, shaking her head slightly.
'You see what I mean? How long have you guys been dating?'

I laughed out at that and Rasheed shot me a playful frown.
'Ehm, we actually are not dating. Just really cool friends'. He explained.
'How precious. I always wanted that sort of friendship but this Bruce Lee right here chased off all the potential candidates'. She gestured to the guy beside her who was still looking out the window.
He hadn't come off to me as a jealous type.

The bus began moving and we continued talking amongst ourselves.
The streets were beautifully decorated in the spirit of Christmas and the upcoming carnival. Abike told me about the biggest street party in Africa that was hosted yearly at calabar. People from all walks of life troop into Nigeria just to have the carnival experience. I wanted to experience it too but maybe not this year.

'Una Wehdone o'.
I turned to see a man dressed in a green shirt tucked into brown jeans with a big tie that wasn't properly knotted, standing with a carton at his feet.
Some passengers glanced at him and returned to minding their businesses, some sighed, a teenage boy a few seats away slid on his headphones, no one gave him a verbal response.

'Today I bring to una a very good medicine, e de work well well. It is called wazobia cleanser. E de cure malaria, typhoid, Ebola, chicken pox, body odor, mouth odor, any odor at all. As a man, if you bazucca no de work? This na the thing for you. Aunty mi, if your punani the scratch you? This be the thing weh you need. Beri beri o, Jeri jeri, HIV o?'

'Heh!' Majority of the passengers screamed.

'Wetin? Make any HIV patient here come try am see if e no de work'. The man defended.
'My friend will you keep quiet? That is how you go about creating problems for people in the name of drugs'. A well-dressed lady said from the seat behind the driver.

'Madam. No de put sand sand for my garri'.
'The only sand that will be here is the one I will shove into your mouth if you don't put your ynash back in your seat right now and allow us some peace'.
'Gbam!' A few other women agreed and the marketer slowly returned to his seat.

Then the discussion about the problems in our beloved country began and the bus suddenly became a market place.

The journey was bearable with the help of Rasheed and our new friend. She flowed easily in every topic almost as easily as she smiled or bursted out laughing.
She'd glance at the other boy at least once every minute but he never stopped looking out the window.

At 6pm most of the passengers were already dozing off due to exhaustion from being in the same position for too long. Rasheed dozed off after complaining about the lack of proper lighting to read a novel.
I looked over at the girl, she had her head rested on the seat, facing the roof of the car. She looked calm and beautiful and at peace with herself.

I wasn't the only one watching her, the guy had finally turned from the window and was staring at her with admiration. He took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles.
She turned and smiled at him.
'It isn't fine. It is amazing'. He said.
Even I thought it was.

--------------------------------------------------------
I intended for this chapter to go farther and take the plot a lot further but when I picked up the biro, this is what my hand sprawled. Who am I to go against it's wish?
Sorry for the late updates, school has resumed and I'm not sure about the Monday updates anymore but I promise to update at least once a week(not so sure either).

Have you ever been to the calabar carnival? It's massive! Once you get past the crowd and aching feet. I've lived in cross river all my life and I've only experienced it once and it was worth it(mostly coz of friends and family) but I won't be attending again.
The trekking weh I trek no be here.

I love you guys😍❤; 500reads? Ahh!
Dedicated to Sixfeetoffineapple
She's the best!

Too much author's note, sorry😌