"Excuse me." An unfamiliar voice came from behind you, asking for your attention. You turned around and stared at the broad chest that was in front of you. Your eyes slowly took in each detail on the jacket they wore, they were an Android, model RK800. Your eyes traveled up to his face. The LED on his temple was flickering rapidly as your gaze locked with his.

"Yes, how can I help you?" You addressed him, turning to your desk and messing with the file again. He walked to the front of your desk, to speak to you properly.

"I was hoping you knew where I could find Lieutenant Anderson and his partner detective (L/N)." The android said, glancing around the room. You imported the file straight into your work phone, meeting his gaze once more.

"Well you've already found detective (L/N)." The word detective sounded weird on your tongue. The android seemed confused for a split second before his LED quickly flashed yellow. You felt exposed under his gaze, not quite sure why.

"I see." The android spoke softly. He seemed strange to you, the way he could alter the way he spoke, and how his face shifted so easily. Most androids had a look to them that made it evident they weren't human. But him, he looked advanced. "Where is Lieutenant Anderson?" He asked, glancing at the other empty desk next to yours.

You sighed "Probably at a bar, like most days." You put the tablet into a drawer. "I haven't got your name or why you're looking for me and the Lieutenant." You said, grabbing the umbrella next to your desk.

He seemed to pause as if realizing that he indeed hasn't said his name yet. "My name is Connor. I am the android sent by CyberLife." He said still not answering why he was here. For an android that looked so advanced he definitely acted goofy.

"Okay, why are you here Connor?" You asked a little impatiently, wanting to go find Hank and start the case.

"I have been sent to assist you and the Lieutenant in recent Deviant cases." His response made you pause. He was your new partner? You glanced over at Fowler's office, knowing damn well Hank was not going to be happy about this.

"Wow, I get to be partners with an android?" You tapped the bright triangle on his chest as you turned back to him, a smile resting on your lips. "Well I'm going to search for Hank right now. I know a few bars he might be at." You started walking in the other direction "Feel free to follow me." You shouted over your shoulder, smiling when you heard the firm footsteps following behind you.

"Why would the Lieutenant not come into work today? He was on the schedule, correct?" Connor quickly fell into step beside you.

You chuckled. "Hank has days where he can't handle the stress of work. I have to force him to come in on those days." You replied, turning in the direction of the elevator. "He's probably going to be upset that we're interrupting his drinking time. So don't do anything that will upset him." Connor seemed to take in your advice. Still slightly confused as to why Hank wouldn't show up to work if he was in perfect health. Connor pushed the elevator button before you could and turned to you.

"Not showing up to work can result in disciplinary issues, and by the sound of it Lieutenant Anderson does this often." You nodded and walked into the elevator when the doors opened, listening to Connor as he spoke. "Does the Lieutenant have disciplinary problems?"

You chuckled, he does get called into Fowler's office a lot. "Well not because he doesn't show up to work." Your implication flew over Connor's head and he looked confused again. "He has punched a couple guys and... other things." You saw Connor nod in the corner of your eye. "Fowler is an old buddy of ours, he has let a lot of things slide." You continued to try and fill the silence.

The elevator doors opened to a crowd of people, each of them bustling to get spoken to. You jumped when a hand pressed against the small of your back, leading you through the crowd in the lobby. "Sorry detective." Connor said as you both exited the building. "I didn't want to lose track of you in the crowd."