~A MOTHER'S DAY TREAT~

Part 2

You find yourselves entering the doors 🚪 of a fine dining restaurant. As soon as you enter, your mom 👩 followed behind you. You saw Jared being assisted by the hostess 👧🏼 and the other one seems to be the manager 👦🏼. Their conversation was inaudible and you noticed Jared's facial expression changes as he spoke with them so you decided to approach him as soon as they were gone.

You: What happened? You know that we can eat somewhere else.
Jared: Nothing. I was just asking them to seat us somewhere private.
You: Private? Don't we need a reservation for that?
Jared: I can persuade them.
You: Persuade them? Persuasion and manipulation are two different things.
Jared: Are you trying to mock me? (his eyes narrowed with a warning, one of his eye vein pop).

*Your mom 👩 came to your rescue*

Mrs. Evans: I will just use the ladies 🚺 room. Call or text me once we have our table.
You: Yeah sure. Go ahead.

She left and headed towards the ladies 🚺 room. As soon as she was gone, the hostess 👧🏼 showed up. What a great timing.

Hostess: Apologies for the long wait Mr. Leto. Kindly follow me. I'll lead you to your table.

*The hostess 👧🏼 lead both of you to a room which could fit like 5 to 6 people*

Hostess: This is one of our function rooms. Will the rest of your party be joining you?
Jared: Her mom 👩 is at the ladies 🚺 room.
Hostess: Okay, i'll tell her on my way out.

*As the hostess 👧🏼 was about to leave, your mom 👩 showed up*

You: There she is!

*Your mom 👩 walk towards you and Jared as the hostess 👧🏼 handed out the menus and then left*

Mrs. Evans: Wow. This is a huge table. Are more people coming over to join us? Perhaps your mom 👩 and your brother 👦? (she said looking at him).
Jared: It will just be the three of us. I asked them for this so that nobody can bother us. Besides my mom 👩 and Shannon went out of town.
Mrs. Evans: Out of town? That seems nice. All of us should hangout sometime. Right Sam'?

(P.S your mom 👩 calls you Sam. Short for Samantha).

You: Yeah but.... (you said with a hint of hesitation and looked at Jared).
Mrs. Evans: Is it a bad idea?
Jared: Don't listen to her. I think it's a great idea.
You: Aren't you guys still on tour 🌍 ? (you said emphasizing the word "tour").
Jared: Yes. We are on tour 🌍 but we'll be taking a short break. The upcoming shows are a few weeks away so we have at least 10 days off.
Mrs. Evans: See.... There you go. I think that's plenty of time for a family 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 getaway.
You: Ehem.... Anyway.... (you said changing the subject and look at the menu) Shall we order? 
Mrs. Evans: Sure. I suddenly got hungry. By the way, aren't you Vegan? (she said looking at him while she took a quick glance at the menu).
Jared: I'm fine. Don't worry about me.
Mrs. Evans: We could have been to your usual place.
Jared: Julie, it's Mother's day. This day is about you.
Mrs. Evans: Awww. You are so sweet (she said as she put her hand to Jared's shoulder) I'm sure there's something you can eat in here.
Jared: I'll be fine.