Chapter 17

Ethan

"So what are you going to do about Richie?" Matt asked as we walked to my locker.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well she's got dagger eyes on." Matt noted while looking by me. I followed his gaze to Light. She was a few lockers down facing me but she wasn't looking at me. Her hand rested on the locker as she leaned against it and looked down. I glanced behind me to see Genevieve and Mackenzie talking happily with each other.

Bailey stood next to Light with her back on the locker as she stared straight ahead. Light was speaking to her but it was quiet and I couldn't hear her.

"Hey Richie." I called and her dark eyes flashed to me. She looked me up and down shamelessly before glancing back at Mackenzie and Genevieve one last time.

"What do you want Fairfax." She stated.

"Damn Richie, I thought we were close to you sharing with me your deepest and darkest secrets." I smirked and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Not in the mood for your little boy games. I got bigger issues to worry about." She stated.

"Who? Gen?" I asked curiously.

"No. The fact that no one here knows my name. I need to embarrass someone or fight someone." She said cracking her knuckles and I raised an eyebrow.

"You really are twelve different kinds of crazy, aren't you?"

"Ethan...that's the best kind." She grinned while beginning to walk towards us.

"Bails, head to class. Get your little friend Matt to take you." She ordered.

"But Richie-" Bailey began but she shook her head.

"Matt take Bailey to class. Make sure she gets there." Light ordered as her shoulders straightened. Matt nodded as Bailey walked over and whispered something in her ear.

"Don't worry Bails, I wouldn't leave you out on the fun though. We just need to make this party a little bigger than two people." She assured as they continued down the hallway. I leaned against my locker and Light put her hand next to my shoulder while resting her other hand on her hip.

"Who shit in your cereal?" I asked.

"I eat waffles for breakfast." She smiled.

"What's up with you today? Why are you pissed?" I asked curiously and she stared at me for what felt like forever.

"I don't know if I want to tell you." She said.

"Don't trust me?" I asked.

"Do you trust me? It's about your two faced little girlfriend."

"Ex-girlfriend." I said.

"Ex-girlfriend, best friend, fuck buddy...you're looking at someone who doesn't care. She needs someone to put her in her place."

"Why?"

"She's a bully. I heard her making fun of people. She's all talk and no game."

"Light they will kick you out for fighting." I said and she sent me a devilish smile.

"They can't touch me."

"Get a room." Someone said and Light's head turned. Mackenzie looked at us and I had my arms folded as I looked down at Light who removed her hand from next to me.

"What was that Mac?" She asked.

"Get. A. Room." She repeated and Light only laughed while looking down. I watched as Gen chewed her lip nervously and fiddled with the end of her jacket. Genevieve was nervous of Light. I saw Light in one match but for her own friends to be nervous?

"Mackenzie let's just go." Gen muttered.

"What happened between you two?" I asked looking between Light and Genevieve.

"Nothing. I'll see you all soon." Light said while walking down the hallway.

"What's up with Light?" I asked when she was out of earshot. Gen looked down the hallway while continuing to fiddle with her jacket.

"I can't say...I-I need to go to class." She whispered while walking away. Mackenzie looked at me as I watched Light disappear down the hallway.

"Why do you like her?" She asked and I rolled my eyes while sighing.

"Kenzie, I thought we could be friends." I said.

"We are. As a friend I'm asking what does she have that I don't?"

"She's fun. It's like a roller coaster with her. Keeps me on my toes and has me ready." I said.

"And I didn't?"

"Do you want me to be truthful?"

"Yes." She said.

"You are fucking boring Kenzie. All you talk about is clothes, shopping and gossiping and putting down people who don't care about clothes, shopping and gossiping."

"I am not shallow Ethan Fairfax." She said.

"No, you are just boring. Get some hobbies and stop bullying girls who don't like shopping." I said while patting her shoulder.