Episode 1: Where it began

Endou looked up at the setting sun. The sweat and dirt on his face combined and dripped from his chin and onto his Raimon Soccer Uniform. He was again at the Riverbank, practicing his beloved soccer as always.

"Endou!" A voice called out. He turned to look to see Kazemaru jumping down the steps. His teal hair was tied up in its usual ponytail and he was in his Raimon school uniform.

Endou grinned, happy to see his friend.

"Kazemaru!" He called out, getting up off the ground and running over to him. He was relaxing after pulling a tire with a rope across the field. He ran over to him.

"What are you doing here?" Endou questions with curious eyes.

"Oh, I was passing by when I saw you practicing," Kazemaru replies. "You never give up huh? Are you excited about the FFI?" He tilted his head.

"Of course! Soccer is life! Aren't you? If we put our minds to it we can win it!" Endou grins picking up the ball of the ground and shoves it towards the other's chest in an excited manner.

Kazemaru laughs. "I get it, I get it. I was already planning on practicing like crazy again on my own anyway. I wanna go and represent our country!" He takes the ball backing away a little. He tosses the ball in the air and kicks it into the net. They both smiled at the ball finally spinning to a stop and falling to the ground. 

"Endou!" A low serious voice called out. Not expecting more visitors Endou once again turned to see Gouenji and Kidou sliding down the hill and coming to a stop in front of them.

"Practicing again?" Kidou asks a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Yea!" Endou says enthusiastically with his trademark grin. Gouenji just smirks at that.           

'Endou will always be Endou.' He thought. (A/N: AHEM....foreshadowing...)

They conversed for a little while, then as requested by Endou and them eagerly agreeing, they ended up playing soccer. 

Though the 3, with the exception of Endou, were in their school uniforms, it didn't matter to them. Soccer meant everything to the players. And to be able to have fun like this was always worth dirtying their clothes.

They believed that nothing could separate them from soccer. Nothing could separate them from playing soccer together as a team....as friends..........as a family.

That's when it happened. 

As Endou caught a ball Goueji kicked to him, he threw it back out to Kidou, it being his turn to try and make a goal against him. 

"Endou! Look out!" Kazemaru's voice rang out as Kidou and Gouenji's heads whipped towards the teal runner. 

An extremely fast soccer ball enveloped in a dark red aura came blasting towards Endou.

Endou shocked, finally realized what was happening and put his hands out to stop the ball. He succeeded in slowing it down but wasn't able to completely stop it. The ball snapped upwards, the force of it still being strong. It pushed him back and right into the goal post, hitting his shoulder painfully. Endou fell to the ground because of the impact

"Endou!" Three voices called out in worry at the same time. His friends came running and kneeled next to him, trying to help him up. They looked around trying to see where the ball had come from and had attacked their beloved captain and friend. Endou looked up from his position on the ground, struggling to get up.

A large explosion took place at the center of the field, making dust fly everywhere enveloping the whole field. The 4 closed their eyes trying not to get the dirt in them.

"Looks like spending time with these pathetic losers has made you weak.....Mamoru..." A masculine yet light voice called out. 

Endou's eyes widened. He never thought he'd have to hear his voice again...but why? Why now? When they were all going to fight to be the best in the world. No. When they were going to become the best in the world.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" Kidou called out, annoyed by the nerve of this ominous person. He along with the others were curious to know how this person knew Endou, but they didn't exactly trust a weird person speaking spookily in a cloud of dirt.

The dust began to clear and soon they could clearly see a small group of people standing nonchalantly in the center of the field. They seemed normal....but their aura. Their aura gave off a horribly evil feeling, despite looking so innocent. 

What's more, is that they were wearing black and red uniforms. Soccer uniforms. Their emblem and overall outfits themselves were almost the exact same as Raimon's. Just with the darker color scheme. Their emblems seemed to be more twisted in a way, only adding to the sinister vibe.

Kidou, analyzing this, only gasped in shock with Kazemaru and Gouenji. Endou seemed to have the same reaction he had before. Despite the fact that he had now moved to a proper sitting position, holding onto his left arm, the pain not leaving him. His hair covered his eyes. It was so odd to see him in that state. Yet, his friends did not notice. Their attention was all stuck on the group that had just arrived.

"We're here to take you back....captain..."