THREE

It was a Saturday morning, a couple weeks after school started. Timothée was home alone, just sitting by his bedroom window, staring out at the cloudy sky. He was feeling really depressed that day. Not for any particular reason, sometimes his depression would just crawl up on him, and when it did, he just felt nothing and too much at the same time. A huge emptiness was sitting at his chest, and he felt like crying but couldn't. In fact, he felt like he couldn't do anything. Just being awake was a big enough archievment in days like this. He was hungry, and he needed his morning coffee, but he just wasn't able to get up, and make it. He stayed, and stared. Timmy was glad his mother wasn't home. She called these days „sad days". She never said the word „depressed" out loud, it seemed like she was afraid of it, which hurt Timothée. He knew his mom was hurting because of him, and he hated himself for it.

In the house next to him Mya was also in a bad mood. She was on the phone with her sister and her mom, and all three of them were crying. Mya was already really homesick, even though not even a month has passed since she flew to the states. She was enjoying being in an other continent, she loved every minute of it, but whenever she spoke to her family, they broke down in tears. The downside of being close to eachother. After speaking for about an hour and a half, she heard knocking on her bedroom door. Jeff woke up, and wanted to know what she wanted to have for breakfast, so Mya thought it would be best to end the call.

- I'm making a smoothie bowl for myself and Kate, saw it on the internet the other day – he said proudly.

- I'll have one then aswell – laughed Mya. Jeff closed the door behind him, leaving her alone. She got up to open the windows, get some of the fresh morning air. She saw Timothée, sitting in his room, right across from hers. She faked a smile, and waved to the boy. It seemed like he didn't noticed at first, he looked a bit taken aback, but evetually he waved back shyly. The sun was shining directly at Mya, as she stood in her window for a couple of seconds, closing her eyes. Timmy noticed that she seemed a bit down, her face was puffy, and it looked like she has been crying. Maybe she just woke up, he thought. Or did Jeff hurt her?

When Mya looked at the boy again, he made a pouty face, and pointed at her, asking if she was okay. She smiled, and shrugged, then closed the window and disappeard.

Hey! Just a short little chapter, hope you are enjoying the story so far! I would really appreaciate some feedback, I'm curious what you think :)