TWO

The four of them had lunch together, and Timothée actually enjoyed it. He was really awkward and shy as usual, but Mya was really bubbly and sweet, which made Timmy feel a lot more comfortable. He was hopeful, maybe he won't have to wander the school halls alone this year. Mya and Kate left after talking for about an hour, and Timothée helped his mom with the dishes.

- Such a cute girl! See Timmy, it's the first day and you already made a new friend – she smiled. Could they be friends? She was a foreign girl, she will be really popular, why would she want to hang out with him?

- Yeah, I feel really sorry for her though, she has to live with Jeff - Timothée chuckled. He really hated Jeff. He tried to act like his father, he even wanted to take him on a cliché fishing trip, just the two of them, but Timothée pretended to be sick, and Jeff didn't mentioned it since.

- C'mon Timmy, that's really rude... He was nothing, but nice to you – his mom said, shaking her head.

The next day when Timothée woke up, he felt weird. He knew he had to got to school, but he didn't felt like throwing up! It was like a miracle. He hoped he could walk to school with Mya. She doesn't know anybody, he could show her everything, prepare her for the weird teachers and the weird kids. Once his schoolmates get to know her, he won't be able to be her friend. The fifteen minute walk to school would be enough for him. He just needed someone.

He stepped outside, thinking he could knock on their door, and ask Mya if she wanted to join him. But as he turned to go and do so, he saw the girl already walking in the wrong direction.

- Mya! - he ran after her. She turned, a big smile on her face as she looked at him, taking her earphones out.

- Good morning! First day of going to an american high school, it's so exciting – she jumped a little, as they do in the cartoons. Just looking at her huge smile made Timmy a lot happier. She is a walking sunshine, he thought.

- It's not as fun as it seems in the movies – he said – And you are going to the wrong direction – he chuckled, scratching his head. She borrowed her eyebrows.

- Kate said the bus stop is this way.

- Bus? C'mon you get there a lot faster if you just walk - Mya got her phone out, and looked at a map.

- You want me to be late on my first day? – she laughed and nudged Timothée – It's almost an hour long walk – he looked at her phone, and it felt like someone punched him in the stomach. She will be going to Lincoln High and Timothée went to Rutherford. Seems like they won't be walking buddies. He felt all the hope just vanish away. It was such a small town, only three high school options, and one of them is literally a street away from where they live! Why wouldn't she go to that one? He was sure it was Jeff's fault...