Chapter 4~ Last To Know

Y/n lowers her teeth to her bottom lip and bites down, bringing a pressure to her bottom lip. Her e/c eyes are on the white folded up paper resting in her hands. Y/n's eyes wander up to the discolored green metal locker. Y/n's heart is pounding in her chest, her breathing coming short, and her legs noodles. Ellie places a hand on her black covered hip and rolls her eyes at the frightful girl. Ellie exhales a groan and slumps her shoulders. "Just.....do it!" Ellie screams, raising her voice. Y/n jumps up from the tile floor from the high pitched scream. Her feet land back onto the tile floor, setting off a thud. Y/n turns her noggin to look over her shoulder in the direction of Ellie. Ellie lifts up an eyebrow, pretty irked at Y/n. Y/n turns back to the locker. She lowers her noggin to view the note. Warm tears fill her e/c eyes but she shuts them tight, the tears now trapped inside. "It is just a joke! She'll...she'll get over it..." Y/n whispers in a low voice. Ellie taps her foot against the tile floor. All she wants to do is get home and consume food! That's her only plea! Y/n inhales cool air then exhales warm air into the atmosphere. Y/n extends her arms to the open slots, holding the note with shaking hands. Y/n's guilty feeling in her stomach only grows, making her feel more uncomfortable with her decision. Y/n's hands halt at the slots. Y/n inhales air in through the nostrils then exhales through her mouth. She slips the note in through the cracks of the slot. The note enters a chilly new environment surrounded by useless junk. The note floats down to the mess of pastel pink. Y/n presses a palm against the cool surface of the locker. The depression in her stomach only grows as she let's reality sink in. She should've prepared a casket before she signed on to this guilt trip. Y/n lowers her head in shame at the sin now...committed. "Alright!" Vanessa's voice chirps. She brings her palms together as she gives Y/n a supportive smile. "Whoopee!" Y/n says sarcastically. "Now," Ellie spins on her heel. "Let's blow this joint!" Ellie announces. She picks up her feet and skips off while flailing her arms around. "Y/n!" Francine screeches. Y/n lifts up her head and turns to the she-devil. Francine snaps her fingers and points to the pale blue egress. Y/n nods and picks up her feet, walking forward to the withering open doors. She lowers her noggin as she is exodus the halls of ivy.

Francine halts the jeep at the curb. She turns her noggin to face Y/n. "Corn nuts, yeah I recall 'bout every five seconds!" Y/n interrupts. Francine wrinkles her nose up in disgust. "Just...don't run off...flirting with some hunk." Francine hisses. Y/n rolls her eyes and turns in the direction of the door. She puts a hand on the handle and pulls it. She kicks the door open and lowers her noggin to see the white sidewalk below. She rises up from the warm cordian leather seat and jumps down from the jeep. She lands onto the ground but not without the fault of becoming off balance in the hellish high heels. Y/n leans back then to the side then forward. Y/n spreads her arms out as a means to help retain the balance in her body. Y/n inhales cool air then exhales warm air. The exercise really helped Y/n out. "Hurry up bitch!" Ellie's voice screams from inside the jeep. Y/n lifts up her noggin to see a pissed off Ellie hitting her fists against the glass window. Y/n rolls her eyes then turns to the right. She walks down the sidewalk, moving her noggin from side to side. Y/n's hands are shaking at the cold touch of the wind against skin. Y/n digs her hands into her dark f/c colored pockets. The warmth of Y/n's body fills the dark pits in her jacket. Y/n looks up ahead to see the flashing blue and red neon sign above the small counter store. The cold nips at Y/n's skin. Y/n halts her walk to study the store. The white building is covered in crude graffiti. Pictures of dicks, threats, and the end is near! Y/n rolls her eyes then approaches the store. Through the cracked windows, she could see a young male figure. But his presence seemed a bit too familiar. The fact that he wore a tan trenchcoat and had scruffy light brown hair could not be more obvious enough but he also wore red spandex, giving him away as the new no-name kid. Y/n felt intrigued by the young male. Y/n presses a palm against the chilly glass door and pushes forward, opening the door. The cold air enters the store, combating against the warm heat. Y/n looks over in the direction of the young male. She walks over to the aisle and finds the young male. He is bent over, observing the chocolates. She approaches him and extends an arm out. She taps him on the shoulder. "Hey! I-I didn't catch your-" The young man straightens his back and turns around to face the short, little girl. "Greetings and salutations!" He exclaims. Y/n jumps back, a little startled. But here he stood. The one and only who kicked the jocks' asses. "Hey, babe!" The young man says as he wraps an arm around Y/n's neck, pulling her close. Y/n doesn't know what to say. All of a sudden a loud honk breaks through the silence. "Y/nnnnnnnn! Where the fuck is da corn nuts?!" Francine's voice screams. "Is that your squad kid?" The young man asks. Y/n lowers her noggin. She nods. "I don't really like my friends." Y/n adds. "I don't really like your friends either." He comments. He releases Y/n from his grasp. The young man extends a hand and Y/n shakes it. "Pool. Dead. But, my birth name? Wade Wilson. But that's a lil' something between you and me." The young man says, giving Y/n a wink. Y/n's face becomes warm. "So...what are ya all about?" Y/n asks. "Funny you should ask!" Deadpool responds. Y/n raises an eyebrow as Deadpool walks away. Deadpool puts his hands behind his back. Y/n, curious, runs up beside him.

"I've been through ten high schools. They start to get blurry. No point planting roots cause you're gone in a hurry. My dad keeps two suitcases packed in the den so it's only a matter of when! I don't learn the names, don't bother with faces. All I can trust is this concrete oasis. Seems ev'ry time I'm about to despair, there's a 7-11 right there! Each store is the same from Las Vegas to Boston! Linoleum aisles that I love to get lost in! I pray at my altar of slush. Yeah...I live for that sweet frozen rush!" Deadpool approaches a slushie machine and looks up at all the different flavors. Deadpool turns his noggin to look at Y/n, exchanging a smile. "Freeze your brain! Suck on that straw! Get lost in the pain! Happiness comes when everything numbs! Who needs cocaine? Freeze your brain! Freeze your brain!" Deadpool picks up one of the plastic cups and puts it underneath the slushie machine. He pushes the cup back, letting off a click. Red slush comes pouring down into the cup, filling it to the brim. Deadpool pulls the cup away and turns in the direction of Y/n. He shoves the slushie into Y/n's hands. "Care for a hit?" He asks. Y/n looks down at the slushie, feeling the bitter cold against her skin. She looks up at Deadpool. "Does your mommy know you eat all this crap?" Y/n asks. Deadpool puts his hands on his hips and gets close to her face. "Not anymore! When mom was alive, we lived halfway normal! But now it's just me and my dad.
We're less formal. I learned to cook pancakes, I learned to pay rent, learned the world doesn't owe you a cent!" Deadpool then snatches the slushie from Y/n's hand. He turns it over, watching the red slush drip onto the floor. Deadpool looks back at Y/n. "You're planning your future Y/n L/n! You'll go to some college and marry a lawyer! But the sky's gonna hurt when it falls! So you better start building some walls..." Deadpool releases the plastic cup from his hand. The cup falls into red slush. Deadpool raises a foot and moves it over top of the mess. He steps down on it and the cup lets out a crack. Deadpool watches as he does. He throws his arms up into the air. "Freeze your brain! Swim in the ice! Get lost in the pain, shut your eyes tight till you vanish from sight! Let nothing remain! Freeze your brain, shatter your skull! Fight pain with more pain! Forget who you are, unburden your load! Forget in six weeks you'll be back on the road!" Deadpool gives Y/n a wink then falls to his knees. "When the voices in your head say you're better off dead, don't open a vein!" Y/n kneels down, putting her palms on Deadpool's cheeks. Tears roll down his face as he is a true cinnamon/sinnamon roll. "Just freeze your brain, freeze your brain. Go on and freeze your brain..." Deadpool murmurs. He lowers his noggin and scoops up some of the melted slush into his palm. He looks up at Y/n and extends his hand out. "Try it!" He pleads.

Then, the nerve-wracking honking comes back, interrupting the lovebirds' conversation. "Y/nnnn!" Francine's voice whines. "Uhhhhhh...." Y/n looks down at Deadpool with a frown. "I gotta...go..." She states. "Well...come back anytime!" Deadpool says, putting a smile on his face. Y/n stands up and runs for the glass doors. Unfortunately, no corn nuts will be at the party.

She just walked away!