Chapter Two

Ben's P.O.V

I rose from the crater I had made shakily, bits of rubble falling from my body as I did. Finally standing upright I surveyed my surrounding's, it seemed to be a quiet little town with nothing out of place...So why had I been sent here? I shrugged my shoulders and carefully stretched out my wings, rubble falling from them as well and wincing in pain as my injured one stretched out. I folded them tightly to my body and made to step out of the hole I had made myself, when I turned around.

A little boy stared back at me, a teddy bear clasped in his tiny hand, a mixture of awe and fright was worn across his face as he stared up at me. Wordlessly we locked eyes with each other for a few fleeting seconds until he opened his mouth as if to speak, quickly I put a finger to my mouth telling him silently to be quiet. His mouth closed with an audible pop and his eyes shifted to my wings, a look of longing went trough them and he reached out a hand to stroke but then retracted it shyly. I smiled at him and gently plucked one of my feathers, twirling it between my fingers before handing it to him.

He awed in delight before giving me a shy smile then running off back towards his house. I smiled as I watched him go, reminding myself that I had to find...Him... 

Only after I had fixed myself did I then leave the school bathrooms, Jeez I had only been here less then an hour and I was already crying. I exited the bathrooms and shuffled quietly down the corridor, I didn't feel like going to lesson's today, I didn't feel like doing anything. I looked down at my feet as I scuffed along, I really, really didn't want to be here, out of all the schools here my mum had to pick this one. 

I had only been walking for a while, when I found myself bumping into my old English teacher Mr Watson.

"Watch where your going!" he grumbled, his voice jolting me out of my trace like state. "Ben?"

"Mr Watson?" I said cautiously, to my surprise he beamed and clapped me on the shoulder.

"Ben!" he smiled broadly. "I haven't seen you in years!"

"It's been a while," I agreed.

Get away from him Benjamin

His voice echoed through my mind but for once I tried to ignore him.

"It's been more then a while boy," chuckled Mr Watson. "Is everything sorted out with you now?"

My fists clenched. "Of course, everything is...peachy,"

Benjamin!

Listen to me, Now!

I gritted my teeth and tried with all my might to block him out of my mind, it hurt to do this but sometimes there was no other way to stop him.

"I'm glad to hear it!" beamed Mr Watson. Suddenly the walkie-talkie in his hand buzzed a voice crackling out through the static of the machine.

"We need a medic and an ambulance called straight away," the voice of my headteacher came through the machine. "Staff have found a young boy, who needs medical assistance urgently, We believe he may of been a victim of the earthquake,"

Mr Watson's face changed to one of panic and he rushed off, his shoes squeaking in his urgency to get help. A part of me wanted to follow him, to see this boy, you know that really nosey part of yourself that whenever there's an accident you have to see what has happened?  

Go Ben, He needs you

His voice now so faint, so distant and it scared me. Panic coursing through me I ran after Mr Watson, skidding down the corridor as fast as my legs could carry me. I panted heavily as I willed my legs to move faster, I didn't even know this boy and yet I felt an urge to see him, to see why he wanted me to be with the boy. I pushed open the double doors of the hellish building and spotted the small crowd of teachers, clustered around a spot on the playground. An ambulance had arrived and the medics were now pushing away the teachers, due to this I could just make out the shape of a figure lying on the ground.

I rushed over to the spot, standing on my tip-toes to try and see the boy. All I could see was a mop of unruly dark hair impatiently I pushed myself in-between the teachers anxious to see this boy.

Ben...Hurry...Please

I hadn't realised before now that I was crying, the droplets of water splashed down my cheeks as I finally wriggled in-between the teachers. A boy lay before my feet, oxygen tubes attached to his mouth and nose, his body looking so frail and broken that it looked like it had been dropped from quite a height. But what startled me so much was the fact that the boy lying in front of me looked the spitting image of the angel from my dreams, save for the fact that of course he didn't have wings.

"Angel-" I spoke softly to the voice. "-Please tell me your alright, that your safe,"

I jolted backwards suddenly as the boys eyes flew open and looked directly at me.

Ben....