Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!

Start from the beginning

I couldn't help but laugh at least a little bit. Cameron made a horrible situation into a good one just like always. How was I supposed to stop loving him if he kept feeling me back in like this?

Finally, I started to sing along. Except this time I sang Dark Horse by Katy Perry. While I sang the chorus and everything that Katy sang, Cameron came in on the rapping parts. At one point I laughed through my parts to sing because it was just a ridiculous situation we were in.

Here we are, sitting in an elevator singing to each other in our worst possible voices at the top of our lungs.

I feel bad for the people outside the elevator who can hear us.

Cameron stood up and held a hand out for me to take. Me being stuck in a far-away happy yet delusional place, I took his hand and we laced them together.

As we danced in a every which way, I giggled and laughed as Cameron did the same. No, not just slow dancing, but we were doing the salsa. If that dance looked something like someone having a seizure, then we were dancing right.

"Are we doing the Chimichanga?" Cameron asked me, his tooth paste breath fanning my face. I let out a loud laugh as he said that and he had to hold me up so I wouldn't fall over laughing.

"No!" I said once so could catch a breath. "Chimichanga is a food!"

We both had a pretty good laugh at his silly mistake.

When the doors to the elevator opened, I had a weird feeling inside me that didn't want to go away. I thought it would feel better after we got outside and I wasn't so close to him, but that didn't seem to help.

We walked along the sidewalk on our way to the garage when Cameron was suddenly beside me. I wasn't walking fast, but I ended up in front of him some how.

"You okay?" Cameron asked me. I looked down at the sidewalk and thought, am I okay?

"Yeah." I answered softly.

He sudden grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. Our hands fit just right, like a puzzle piece to another.

The feeling was back and it didn't go unnoticeable. It made me feel like crying. I slid my hand out of Cameron's and held my hand to my chest while keeping my face turned the opposite way of Cameron's. I had a feeling that maybe it was just my heart breaking. I would have to leave him behind.

But which was more important? My family or my first love?

"Sophia?" He asked me, shaking me from my thoughts. This time I turned to him.

"Why, Cameron?" I asked him with absolutely no trace of sadness in my voice even though I had a few stray tears sliding down my cheeks. With a small smile on his face, he lifted his hand and wiped the tears away with his thumb.

"Why what?"

"Why are you doing this to me? I thought we broke up for a reason? Why do you act like we didn't?" It all came out like a rush, but I was sure he understood by the way his face fell. His hand dropped down to my waist and then he found my hand, holding it in his like it was about to fall off.

"I-" He started but was interrupted by a distant voice. Then I saw Paul jogging toward us waving his hand in the air like a crazy man. Biting his bottom lip, Cameron let go of my hand and turned towards the man count toward us.

"You're Cameron right?" He asked Cameron. He nodded his head at Paul and waited for him to continue.

"Your tuck is done. I saw you and thought I should come tell you so you didn't pass the shop. Here's your keys." He dangled the keys in midair until Cameron out his hand underneath of them. He dropped them and nodded to Cameron before walking back to the garage.

"Thanks!" Cameron called after him. He waved over his shoulder as if to tell us you're welcome.

I didn't even give Cameron time to finish telling me what he wanted to say before I started walking quickly to the truck. I was so happy to finally be closer to seeing my family. I couldn't wait to see them again.

______________

So the book is coming to an end guys! 

Song is If These Sheets Were States by All Time Low, my all time favorite band!

I hope you all liked it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thanks for all the reads, votes, comments, and follows! and the amazing experience I had while doing all this.

Thank you soooo much!

Oh, and this isn't the last chapter! There will be one more and then an epilogue! They will be up as soon as possible and them editing will start!

Yay. (Note the sarcasm.)