Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!

Start from the beginning

Sitting with my arms wrapped around my knees, I had plenty of time to think since I woke up at seven and we needed to leave at nine.

I had decided that I can't do this. No matter how much I love the boy sleeping next to me, I can't make him think I still love him when he doesn't want to be anything other than friends. Maybe if one day I came back to our hometown, then we could get back together. But not right now. I'll spare us both the pain.

When eight o'clock rolled around, I didn't even have to wake Cameron up. He turned his head toward me, who was sitting in the same position since I woke up, and opened his eyes. He still looked pretty tired to me.

"Hey," he blinked his eyes as if to see if he was dreaming or not, "how long have you been awake?" I turned to him with an emotionless face.

"Not too long," I lied. I could lay back down and take a nice nap if I wanted to. I'm sure Cameron wouldn't mind.

"Okay. You wanna get your shower first?" He asked as he sat up in bed, revealing his bare chest. I left my empty gaze on the end of the bed while I nodded.

I walked straight to the bathroom, too ready to get the warm water on my tired skin.

After washing up, I wrapped a towel around my body and stood in front of the mirror. Then I realized that I didn't have any clothes to put on. Frustrated with my tired brain, I put the towel around my body even tighter to make sure nothing was showing.

"Um, forgot my clothes..." I mumbled to Cameron when he looked at me with wide eyes. I felt warm blush ram using from my neck to my cheeks.

After running back in the bathroom with my clothes in hand, I slipped them in a brushed my hair out. Cameron took a shower next, and then we ordered breakfast up to our room. It was short and awkwardly silent.

"Ready to go?" He asked me once we were both dressed and ready.

"Yeah." I answered with no emotion to my voice. I was eager to get to my new home to see my parents for the first time in what seemed like years. And Matt! Oh, Matt...

I followed behind Cameron as we made our way to the elevator. No one was in the halls of the hotel so it was quiet. And everything was quiet between Cameron and I.

We stepped into the elevator and Cameron pressed the number one to get us down to the lobby. The closer we got to Cameron's truck, the closer we got to my mom and dad and baby brother.

My sky high hopes fell to the ground, six feet under, when the elevator stopped. The lights went out for a second but then came right back on. That didn't make it better when the elevator jerked to a stop.

"What's wrong? Cameron?" I rambled in a panic. This cannot be happening...

But it was. Using his cell phone, Cameron called down to the front desk to have them come get us out of this elevator. I've never been stuck in one before, but I've also never had a panic attack before. There's a first time for everything.

"Calm down, they're working on it right now." Cameron told me. I slid down the wall of the elevator and sighed heavily. This seriously sucked.

"I just want to get home, Cam... away from this elevator, away from this hotel..." Away from you...

"I'll sing to that off your mind." He grinned at me. My eyes widened and I tried I say no but it was too late. He started singing wrecking ball in a loud, obnoxious, high-pitched, girly voice. If I didn't t need hearing aids before, I definitely needed them now.