Chapter Five - Forward

I'll edit later probably

-:-:-:-

"Oh God, Ellen and Bobby are going to kill me!" Dean runs a hand through his already mussed up brown hair and just about presses his face against the glass of the car window. He sees Cas glance anxiously at him from the corner of his eye but he ignores him. They're still driving, but it honestly hasn't been long since they left the concert. Dean had been so caught up in the events of that night that he had completely forgotten curfew. Curfew was just a rule Bobby and Ellen gave their own kids, be back before midnight on school nights. It's one of their few rules and Bobby always said "it's your own problem if you don't get enough sleep, we just don't wanna be worryin' 'bout you the whole damn night so get home."

"Dean-" Cas starts, the expression on his face is one of confusion, like he doesn't truly understand why Dean is reacting like this. "I don't think-."

"You haven't met Ellen and Bobby." Dean states, pulling away from the window and the darkness outside to slump down in the chair with his arms folded. "They probably won't let me go out for a month." 

"A months not that bad." Cas smirks and Dean has a sneaking suspicion that even if Cas was given a curfew, there'd be a slim chance he would pay any attention to it. Not for the first time Dean finds himself wondering about Cas's home life and what it's like.

"Well you, Castiel, I have no doubt are adept at sneaking out but am not. And if I wanted to see anyone when I was grounded it'd be damn hard." Dean adds the last part with a short glance at Cas, wondering if the other boy understands his implications that Dean would sneak out to meet Cas in a heart beat if it was, indeed, a possibility. Which, Dean supposes, it would be if Ellen didn't have the hearing of a bat and if his family wasn't full of light sleepers. 

"I'd help you sneak out. It'd be fun. I could corrupt Mr. Popular." Dean can't help but laugh at the mischievous grin that appears on Cas's face and something about the wicked gleam in those blue eyes gives no doubt that Cas would love to "corrupt" Dean Winchester. 

"You're a bad influence, Novak." Dean rolls his eyes but still has a grin on his face. 

To his surprise, Cas doesn't respond with another witty retort, instead he sinks his teeth into his bottom lip, biting it in what Dean, if it were anyone else, would see as shyness.

"Hey, if it's really a big deal and if you don't think they'd scream at the sight of me, I could talk to your, um, parents. You know, tell them it's my fault you missed your curfew. I could use my devilish charm, huh?" He laughs at the last part and wiggles his eyebrows at Dean, who rolls his eyes but smiles.

"What makes you think they'd 'scream at the sight of you'?" Dean cocks his head in question.

Cas snorts and his shoulders lift up in a shrug. He taps the little silver piercing on his bottom lip, then the black plugs in his ears. "Most parents just see the piercings, the tattoos, the leather, the bike, etc. Not me." He shrugs again, like he's used to it and it stopped bothering him a while ago. Dean nods in understanding but he can tell that it still does bother Cas, no matter how much he tries to hide it.

"Bobby and Ellen aren't like that." He insists, because they really aren't and that's just one reason why they're great. "Hell, I know for a fact that Bobby used to ride with a motorcycle gang when he was in his twenties." Dean barks out a laugh, just like he always does when he imagines Bobby tearing up the streets on a Harley Davidson and wearing fringy leather jackets. 

Cas smiles when Dean laughs and then lets out a sigh. "Alright, I guess I'll take your word for it. But you know, it's dangerous business meeting the parents. Especially on the first date after bringing home their kid late."

Baseball and Bass GuitarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara