She turned and approached the lady at the front desk. Arabella asked, "I need to see Mr. Menendez. Is there any other way I can go up to his floor?"

"Miss there is a staircase through that door," said the lady. She pointed to a door near the back of the building.

"Thank you so much!" Arabella said before heading towards the door.

She opened the door and ran up the stairs. She was glad she was wearing white flats, blue jeans, and a off the shoulder white top instead of heels and a dress.

Costano was on the fourth floor out of the eleven floors of the building. Arabella wouldn't want to trip and fall nor get there too late. She counted the floors as she went up the stairs.

Two... three... four. Finally!

Arabella opened the door and rushed towards the front desk. She couldn't careless whether the people in the building recognized her. She had a mission and that was to get to Costano's office.

"Welcome, I'm Ms. Dunn. How may I help you today?" She asked.

"I need to speak to Mr. Menendez. It's an emergency."

"Do you have a meeting with him at this time?"

"Yes." No.

"Let me just take a look..." Before Ms. Dunn could type anything on her computer, Arabella interrupted her.

"It was actually done last minute. You see, Mr. Menendez and I are friends since college."

Even if she lost contact with Costano after college, she still considered him as her best friend. To her, their friendship wasn't determined on the number of times they talked or spent together.

He was her best friend because he was there for her when no one else was. She cherished the things they did while they were together. She cherished every smile and laugh while she was with him. Arabella only hoped that even after many years of not speaking and having gone their separate ways that he'd still see her as his best friend.

"Oh," Ms. Dunn raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry. Mr. Menendez didn't tell me anything."

"It's alright," Arabella smiles at her. "Where is his office?"

"His office is down this hall, to the right, last door at the end," Ms. Dunn gestured with her hand the hall.

Arabella thanked her before walking in the direction of his office.

• • •

Costano sat behind his desk reading his emails from his laptop when his door suddenly opened.

"Excuse me. Sorry, coming through!" Arabella said as she barged through the door. She quickly closed it behind her.

Costano's eyes widened. He questioned himself about the woman that had barged into his office. He didn't have any meetings with anyone at this time today. Why was she here? Who the hell is she?

She stood in front of his desk before placing her hands on her hips and looking down at the ground. She was taking deep breaths after basically running to his office since the moment she got into the building. She was used to running long distances, but the fact that she had been stressed all morning was what she thought caused her to run out of breath so easily.

She stared up at him and frowned. This wasn't the Costano she knew. After seeing him online she thought it was just for promotion but the fact that he actually looked like that shocked her a bit.

Sure she expected him to wear a suit, but he wasn't wearing his glasses. She was always used to him wearing his glasses. With all honesty, she thought he looked cute with glasses.