Make Him Stop

Michele walked down the hall to Anders' flat. He had texted her a couple hours ago asking if she wanted to come over later and she had agreed. Se was surprised to find that she had actually been happy when he text her. Once upon a time seeing Anders name come up on her phone would have made her cringe. Now however... She shook her head. She wouldn't go there, not with Anders. She went there with Mike and that hadn't ended well. Anders was a whole different ball park.

            "She knocked on his door and waited... and waited... and waited. She knocked again, but still there was no answer. She heard what sounded like a groan and started to become concerned. Reaching into her bag, Michele pulled out of the key Anders had given her a couple weeks ago. Each of his brothers had one and he told her he figured one of the goddesses should have one too. She let herself in and looked around.

            "Anders?" she called quietly. There was no response, but she heard another groan from the kitchen. Walking over, she saw Anders on the ground, leaning against the fridge.

            "Anders?" she rushed over t him and knelt down. He cracked his eyes open and Michele saw they were shining with tears.

            "Michele," he said, his voice cracking. She placed her hand on his forehead and he leaned into the touch.

            "Anders, what's wrong?" she asked.

            "Make him stop," Anders said quietly.

            "Make what stop?" she asked.

            "Please Michele," he begged, "Make him stop."

            "Him?" Michele questioned, still not understanding. What was going on? What was happening to Anders?

            "B-Bragi," Anders sighed, "He won't stop. Please make him stop." He squeezed his eyes shut as a few tears leaked out. He stretched out one hand towards her and she took it, allowing him to squeeze it tightly.

            "Hang on okay?" she said, moving closer so he could lean on her, "Just hang on." She pulled out her phone and dialed the once familiar number.

            "Mike? You need to get over to Anders' flat. Bring the others... I can't explain right now, just get here... Anders is hurt." She hung up and put her phone down, turning her attention fully on Anders again.

            "Just hang on," she said again, "It's going to be okay."

            Everyone arrived twenty minutes later. Mike led them into the apartment and walked over to where Michele and Anders were still seated in the kitchen. He knelt down in front of his younger and brother and former girlfriend, concern clear on his face.

            "What happened?" Mike asked.

            "I don't know," Michele admitted, looking down at where Anders' head rested in her lap, "I found him like this. He just kept asking me to make him stop."

            "Make who stop?" Mike asked.

            "Bragi," Michele told him and Mike turned to look at where the others were gathered behind him, confusion on all their faces.

            "Right," he said, "First, let's get him off the floor."

            "I tried to get him to the couch, but he was in too much pain," Michele said.

            "It's fine," Mike assured her, "Ty, Olaf, give me a hand?" The other two moved forward and took Anders under the arms. Anders groaned as the movement jostled his head.

            "It's alright man," Ty said, "We're here to help." Anders leaned closer to Ty, feeling the coldness radiating off him. Michele followed behind them and stood near Axl as they carefully deposited Anders on the couch. Anders blinked open his eyes and looked at his brothers and grandfather in confusion.

            "Michele?" he mumbled.

            "I'm right here," she walked around the couch and knelt in front of him. Ignoring the others, she gently ran a hand through his blonde hair. Anders leaned into the touch, causing Michele to smile and grab his other hand.

            "Anders," Mike said gently, "Can you tell is what's wrong?"

            "He's so loud," Anders said desperately, "Mike, he's so loud." More tears leaked from his eyes and Michele wiped them away.

            "Shhh," she hushed him, "Relax."

            "Ty, put your hand on his neck," Olaf said and they all looked at him in confusion.

            "What?" Ty asked.

            "The cold might help," Olaf explained, "If you can dull the pain a bit then maybe he can tell us better what's wrong." Ty nodded and put his hand on the back of his older brother's beck. Anders immediately sighed and leaned into his brother's touch.

            "That help?" Mike asked.

            "Yeah," Anders breathed, "Still hurts, but it makes it easier."

            "Is Bragi still loud?" Olaf asked.

            "Yeah," Anders sighed, "It's like he's shouting in my ear. He's always there, you know? In the back of my mind... but now he's right there." Michele ran her hand through his hair again as Anders turned pleading eyes to his older brother.

            "Mike please make him stop," he begged. Mike rested his hand on Anders' shoulder for a moment before pulling Olaf, Axl, and the goddesses aside.

            "Alright," Mike said, "What the hell is going on?"