Cochlea Pt.1

Kaneki, Ayato, Eto, Noro, Himika, Naki, two bodyguards, and some tall white haired guy who Himika hadn't learned the name of, all stood on top of a building that was being constructed, gazing out at the ghoul prison, Cochlea. Behind them were the many ghouls working under Ayato with Aogiri Tree.

Eto made a strange explosion sound effect as she pretended to crush the prison between her fingers, making Himika raise an eyebrow at her beneath her mask. Himika was also however hiding her excitement, waiting for an opportunity to use her new kunai and shuriken, along with possibly getting a snack along the way.

"On my signal we launch the attack." Ayato ordered, adjusting his mask.

Everyone nodded and waited for the signal to attack.

Slowly the gate in the top of the building began to open, Ayato giving the signal to attack. Everyone lept down, some of the members of Aogiri Tree being immediately shot down and disposed of, making ghoul blood rain down.

"Kunoichi, go help Naki." Ayato ordered, using a code name.

"Got it." Himika replied, Kunoichi being her ghoul name.

Ayato split off to go with Kaneki, leaving Himika to help Naki and the two bodyguards. Naki landed first on the catwalk, using his koukaku to kill one of the guards who was shooting at him, his bodyguards and Himika landing seconds after him.

Noro and Eto had already gone to the other side of the catwalk and began their work, killing all the guards on their side, Eto giggling in glee.

"Himika, go disable the security and open the cells!" Naki yelled.

"Baka! Don't use my real name!" Himika yelled back before running into the security room.

She killed off the guards remaining in the room using her kagune and then used it to destroy all the control panels, successfully opening the cells and disabling the security system. Once the cells were open, ghouls slowly began to crawl out before turning on the Cochlea staff, killing every human in sight. Himika slowly began walking back to meet up with Naki, but began running faster after hearing idiotic screaming.

"Aw crap! I was supposed to kill you! Not those guys!"

"Naki..." Himika growled, speeding off to help the idiot.

Himika got there just in time to asses the situation. Mr. Amon was there, along with some blonde woman, both of them getting ready to fight Naki and his buff bodyguards.

"Naki," The blonde woman muttered. "The S rated."

Naki chuckled like the idiot he was, clearly not seeing the looming threat. Himika joined Naki at his side, weilding a kunai in each hand.

"That must be the new ghoul." Mr. Amon said. "They're calling her Kunoichi, she's possibly an S rank like Naki."

"Kunoichi?" The girl asked.

"The rank three and rank two investigators who fought her called her that because of her ninja like qualities." He replied. "Not to mention now she's weilding a ninja knife."

"Kunai." Himika corrected.

"What?" The blonde girl asked.

"They are called kunai knives." Himika explained. "Want to see them up close?"

Before they could reply, Naki, Himika and the two bodyguards attacked. Himika went after Mr. Amon first, using her kunai against his red quinque, which he could split into two, one of Naki's bodyguards acting as backup. Naki went after the blonde girl, the other bodyguard acting as his backup.

Naki managed to back the blonde into a corner, pointing the tip of his koukaku kagune at her neck.

"Game over." Naki chuckled.

"Akira!" Mr. Amon yelled over in concern, leaving an opening for Himika.

While he was distracted, Himika took the chance to stab him with a kunai, the metal piercing through the flesh of his thigh. Naki wasn't so lucky however, the end of his opponents quinque turned into a blade, stabbing him straight through the stomach.

"She stabbed me in the gut!" Naki exclaimed, clutching his wound and stumbling back.

Himika looked over in concern, but she shouldn't have. Amon took the chance and thrust his blunt quinque into her gut, tossing her back into a wall. Himika slowly got up, unzipping the mouth of her mask to spit out blood.

'I looked away...' Himika scolded herself.

Himika got up and was heading back to the battle, but she stopped suddenly noticing that she felt dizzy.

"CRC gas, it paralyzes a ghouls kagune." Himika heard Akira say.

'Then it's a good thing I can fight without it.' Himika thought, going to Naki's side.

Naki's kagune dissolved, leaving him much weaker than before. Amon and Akira took the chance and charged one of the bodyguards, but before Akira could stab him, Naki jumped in front, again just proving that he was an idiot.

"Damn it! That hurts so bad! I think I'm going to cry!" Naki whined, and sure enough, he did start crying. "Do you have any idea how much I've been through lady! First I find out that Yamori's dead and now this!"

Naki began swinging his fist, fighting like a drunk man. "You may as well kill me! I got nothing to live for anyway! Boss Yamori told me it's better to cry out in pain then in loneliness!"

Akira paused her attack, allowing Naki the chance to kick her, sending her tumbling to the ground. Naki walked over to her and picked up her leg, holding it near his mouth.

"I'm going to help myself to the juiciest part!" Naki exclaimed before bringing his mouth closer.

Naki bit down on her leg, tearing off a piece of flesh near her ankle. Akira attempted to stab him but couldn't quite reach him. Amon gripped his weapon before charging, knocking Naki away and sending him sliding across the floor. The two bodyguards quickly ran to Naki's aid as Himika faced the two investigators, a large group of Aogiri Tree ghouls surrounding them. Himika stood in the background as Amon faced the Aogiri Tree ghouls, determined to protect Akira from them.

Amon swung his quinque wildly, slashing at ghouls left and right, protecting Akira, who felt quite useless at the moment.

"Akira!" Amon called. "Grab my shoulders! We'll both make it out alive!"

Akira was going to protest but stopped when Amon glared at her. Akira limped over to him before gripping tightly to his shoulder. Amon continued to wildly slash as he finished off all of the Aogiri ghouls.

"Let's get out of here." Amon said, beginning to walk away.

Suddenly something grabbed Amon and Akira by the ankles, suspending them in the air. Akira winced in pain as struggled to get away.

"Did you forget about me?"

Himika walked out of the shadows turning them to face her, still being held by her kagune.

"That gas finally wore off." Himika said. "Now, where were we?"