"I'm sorry, Mr. Sun, but we'll have to decline your offer," said Henry, tossing the proposal onto the mahogany table. Fei Chuan sipped at his wine and watched Gabriel's smile freeze on his face. "Vargr Oils already has partnerships with retailers, and yours doesn't bring anything new to the table." 

This world, Henry was coming into this discussion in a position of power, and was interested in neither Gabriel Sun's backing nor his proposal. Additionally, the engagement of Marie was but a passing thought, unlikely to come to any sort of fruition.

Perhaps in some hope of raising an actual princess, Henry strictly limited Marie's movie intake to Disney Princess movies, along the lines of Cinderella, Snow White, and Aladdin. This created a young girl who was more than susceptible to almost-brown haired Prince Charmings who charismatically swept her off her feet. And Sun, who apparently saw a chess piece and had no qualms with pedophilia, humored her until he could get an edge over his competitor. 

Except Fei Chuan had gotten Baby Marie hooked on Mulan, and every action princess movie thereafter, so hah. The only way you could charm that girl was to be a black belt. 

"But tell you what," Henry continued. "You look like a bright kid, and I think you have real promise in the business world. I'll be willing to consider your offer if you add in another 25% to shareholder title on the table. I'll sign this document for a 30% share." 

The [Protagonist] sucked in a breath. "I'm afraid that's not possible, Mr. Anderson," Gabriel tried, patiently. "I can go up to 8%, however. We could negotiate some of the other terms?" 

Henry shook his head, and leaned back in his chair. "I'm not interested in further negotiation. I have a tight schedule, and for this deal right now it's a take it or leave it. 30 percent."

 "You are really asking for too much, Mr. Anderson." When Henry started locking his briefcase and flexing his feet. Gabriel turned towards the room's other occupant. "Mr. ...er, Anderson. What are your thoughts on this?"

Looked like he was up. "I am interested in this deal," Fei Chuan admitted. "I also agree that you have a lot of promise. However, promise doesn't necessarily translate and my father is right in that we really do not have any time to negotiate any of the points." At Gabriel's crestfallen look, Fei Chuan added, "Please understand. You approach us as a concept of a company, seeking investment. You do not yet have enough leverage, or enough anything, to be able to fully negotiate with us. After you've created this company, and it's in stable profits, consider contacting us again." 

Nothing he said was necessarily untrue, but it did paint the whole situation in a slightly less favorable light for Gabriel. Following Henry, Fei Chuan also made as if to stand up and leave. 

Gabriel also stood up. "President Anderson!" 

Henry brushed him off. "Tell you what kid. You can open up this retail business under the banner of Vargr Oils. As a subsidiary. No? Well that's also my answer. Best of luck on your future endeavors." And then he was gone, pushing past the doors and letting them swing close with a bang. 

Fei Chuan did feel a little bad, but only marginally. "My father is a bit of a....character," he offered. "I apologize for that display." With a nod, Fei Chuan also brushed out the door, leaving Gabriel staring at his own interlocked fingers. 

There was something about the man's stare though: intently blank and with a slow, creeping anger. Henry Anderson was now blissfully swimming in a shark tank, unaware of the bitter retribution that was to come. 

And the fish had taken the bait. 

******

Being a [Protagonist] must mean that you bounce back easily from setbacks. Aris was smirking at his screen monitor a week later, right when Fei Chuan finally returned from work.