Part 1: Tell Me

I felt like writing a cute, slightly overdramatic GBomb fic, so I did. It was orignally going to be just this chapter but then I kinda just carried on.

Hope you like it!

(I decided not to use Graser's real name, but H is Liam.)

'Tell me.’ Liam said, ‘Tell me you feel the same.’

 -

Liam was anxious. Way more anxious than he expected.

‘It’s okay.’ He told himself. ‘It’s only Graser.’

But of course there was more to it than that.

There were so many youtubers he spoke to frequently, so many that he’d come to know well over the course of many months, even years, but none that had come to mean more to him than Graser. He wasn’t sure why, but it had always been different. Graser’s voice, his laugh, his stupid jokes. It all affected Liam in a way that made him eventually realise something.

He had feelings for Graser beyond friendship. He had from the start. But he’d never had the chance to confront those feelings.

Until now.

Now, he was stood in the airport waiting to meet him.

Liam had a plan, but he was still incredibly nervous. He paced the waiting area, counting the minutes until Graser’s arrival and remembering the little time they had spent together outside the internet.

When he’d met Graser for the first time at a convention, he’d had trouble finding his words. He was everything that Liam had imagined, from the way his face fitted his voice to the way his smile fitted his laugh. Liam had never felt so at ease.

He’d also never felt so sure of his love for another human being.

Yet after one day of the convention Graser had to leave unexpectedly, so those feelings remained unspoken. It had bothered Liam immensely. He’d wanted to do what was right. He’d wanted to tell Graser there and then to finally get closure, not matter what his response might have been.

Despite still having fun with the other guys for the next few days, Liam could have sworn he’d never felt quite so alone after Graser said his abrupt goodbyes and left so soon.

So, shortly after the convention, Liam decided he couldn’t continue their friendship normally without Graser knowing how he really felt, and he wanted to tell him to his face. This was the reason he had invited Graser over to Chicago to stay with him, for a second chance at telling him exactly how he felt with words that he could only hope would influence Graser – influence him to realise that maybe, just maybe, he felt the same way.

He was going to give it everything he had.

Liam checked the clock. The plane should be landing right about now. He took a deep breath as he stood up, watching the numbers on the arrivals board.

After a few minutes of trying to calm himself down a little so he wouldn’t be hyperventilating in front of Graser, he saw the passengers start to arrive. He urgently scanned the crowd for Graser until he found him.

His heart rate picked up and he felt himself almost frozen where he stood, just looking across the room at Graser as the reality of the situation sank in once again. He smiled anxiously as he watched Graser looking around for him, until their eyes met and Graser smiled back so warmly that Liam forgot his worries for a brief second.