5. Wouldn't it be nice to get a PANFORTE?

ابدأ من البداية

I stepped out of my home that evening and as expected, Christian's car was parked right in front.

I let out a sigh before taking hold of my dress, slightly raising it up for easy movement then walk forward towards the car. I stopped only when I got close enough for him to know of my presence. Although, the glasses of the car were dark tinted therefore disabling anyone from seeing anything inside, I understood Christian was in. I stood waiting for him to do the gentleman thing of stepping down and opening the passenger's seat just for me to get in. A few seconds later, nothing of that sort happened and my feet was starting to kill me due to the heels I had on. Frustrated as I am, I took a few steps forwards and placed a few knocks on the glass. I looked away quite irritated as I heard the sound of the glass automatically drawing down.

I slightly bent to take a look inside just to be sure the same man I've been expecting is the same one seated inside. My brows furrow in contempt as I realised the person inside is exactly the person i've been expecting.

"Aren't you going to be a gentleman?" I asked regardless of the fact that he stared ahead and not at me.

I waited for a reply of some sort but nothing came through. Really?

"Look mister, I have tolerated... "

"Make a choice." He interrupted before shifting his eyes to me.

"What?"

"Are you getting in or not?" He asked, his tone of voice sounding a bit innocent. Innocent? Is he trying to make me sound insane?

"What on earth makes you think you can talk to me in such a manner? I'm not just any ordinary woman..." He started his car which took me a little unaware but I wasn't going to show the fact that I was becoming a little worried.

"... I'm a woman of high class society..." Suddenly, he drove forward taking me yet by another surprise and I had to immediately  jerk backwards for fear of my safety.

What the hell!?

My eyes widened still in shock at the very unbelievable act. I look forward and he had come to a halt. The back lights of his car remained on, signalling the fact that the engine was still running. Is he threatening me as of the moment? Is that it? My hands folds into a fist as I stare at the car loathly. He spoke so highly of respect but this very man wasn't giving me the least bit of that.

Screw this! I don't have to take his insults. I'm Harieth freaking Gryffin! I can get any man I want.

I turn away to take a step towards my home only to catch a sight of dad peeking a little through the windows.

"You're my little girl, aren't you?"

"Make me proud."

I recall the exact words he used a few minutes ago. Damn it! Am I really going to be emotionally blackmailed here? Staring at dad as he stare back, I realised he might have seen the whole scene that took place. Now, If I walk away from Christian, he would presume nothing he said got through me. He would think I don't care about our future when actually I do, a lot but if I walk up to Christian, it will mean accepting defeat. I might even have to endure his attitude for the rest of my life.

I watched as dad's brows slowly furrow before one of it slightly raises. Great, now he's doing the thing without speech where he asks me if I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing.

I sigh before lightly biting my lower lip.

"Fine." I'll just give in once again. I turn away from my home and hasten my pace towards Christian's car. I took hold of the door handle and pulled the door to open before getting in. Sparing not a second more, Christian drove off.