5. Wouldn't it be nice to get a PANFORTE?

Start from the beginning

"I do." I replied as I take a look around the study room without moving an inch.

"Then I must be the reason you're not drinking today." Rockwell stated as he turn to me, his own glass now close to his lips for a little gulp.

"No, not you."

"Hmm... you'll neither have a seat nor accept my offer of a drink. I'm pretty sure something's wrong." He made another conclusion to his theory.

I stare at him. If only there was a way to make him understand that I just wasn't in the mood for all this. Sitting, drinking and having a good time. I can't remember the last time I did that.

"No sir. I'm attending an important event with your daughter. I'm sure stench of alcohol in my breath would leave a bad impression on the guests, don't you think so?" I replied quite sharply with my eyes directly at him.

Rockwell stare back and after what seems like a while, a wide smile grew on his face which eventually turned to a light laughter.

"Right. You're right. I don't know what I was thinking." He states as he walk up to me then he place a hand on my shoulder. I slightly take a look at his hand before shifting my eyes back to his face.

"This marriage between you and my daughter is important. A lot is riding on it and so publicity acceptance is also great... It's good to know my son-in-law to-be is giving this his all." He stated with a smile on his face but all I did was blankly stare at him.

"Christian."

Harieth

"Christian." I called from beside the door into dad's study room. Both dad and Christian turned to my direction. I took a look at each of their faces, searching for the right reaction any woman in my position would expect.

Dad put up a simple smile and I replied it with one of mine. Shifting my eyes to Christian expecting a word or at least the same reaction from dad but I got nothing. Not even the slightest bit blown away by my beauty. Really? He's not going to comment. I spend three hours getting ready for something I know nothing about and yet he can't compliment me? Say something Christian Hendrix.

He turn his body away from dad and towards my direction. Good, He's finally doing the right thing. Say it. Say just how smitten you are by my beauty.

"You're a minute late." He states as he take a look at his wristwatch.

What!?

"Let's go." He ordered and my brows slowly furrow at his so lack of being a gentleman. I got ready to give him a piece of my mind as he walked towards the door.

"Christian." Dad's call interrupts my plan as well as stop Christian for a moment. He slightly turn to dad.

"Harieth will be out with you shortly. I just need to have a word with her." He explained and my brows even furrow further. A word?

Christian gave a light nod before walking further and right out of the room, sparing me no glance.

I scoffed right after his disappearance.

"Harieth." Dad called as he walk up to me. I rose my eyes up to meet his. He smile as he placed both hands on my shoulder.

"You're my little girl, aren't you?" He asked and I hesitated for a second before giving a light nod.

His hand lightly touched my cheek.

"Make me proud." He added before putting up a wider smile and although I didn't quite understand what exactly he meant by that, I managed to put up a smile as I nod.