━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐏𝟏 ━━

Zacznij od początku

He couldn't seem to take his eyes off of the hallway that stretched out endlessly before him, either. The man attempted to take this gift of a moment to calm his breathing. In such a state, he was sure his heart would kill him if the monster didn't get to him first.

His hopes of escaping grew stronger as the moment stretched into two. Of course, that was the moment he finally heard it.

Already, it had found him. And it had come to claim his life.

A low growl unlike anything he had ever heard rumbled above him like a monstrous storm cloud, greeting him one final time. Then, a deep and drawn-out trill of delight, so far beyond anything animalistic.

It took every remaining ounce of courage just for the man to slowly crane his head up - to look his fate in the face. But nothing could have prepared him for such a grisly end. Not even the brief terror he witnessed this thing unleash minutes ago.

There was simply no time for his life to flash before his eyes before it ended. The man's feet had already left the floor as the monster scooped him up. His final, dying shriek had fused with the wailing alarms and then been abruptly silenced when the doors finally closed, sealing him and the monster inside.

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

It's quiet. The faint sound of sprinklers outside can be heard as we wait for Mike to continue. We are all on the edge of our seats. It's already hard enough they still can't find proper seating for me since I officially joined the party, so, for now, I'm wedged between my best friend Will and my brother Dustin.

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood," Mike says, his voice barely above a whisper. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness."

Subconsciously we all slowly lean in waiting for whatever happens next.

"It is almost here."

"What is it?" Will ask suddenly, no longer capable of containing his curiosity.

This time it's Dustin who cuts in, "What if it's the Demogorgon?"

I take a deep breath in suspense, and out of the corner of my eye, Will nearly throws himself back in his seat.

"Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin rambles on.

Lucas speaks up, "It's not the Demogorgon." He sounds very sure of himself which gives me more confidence.

We all jump a little in our seats when Mike slams one of the game pieces down in front of us suddenly as he shouts, "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

I sigh in great relief as Lucas gives a very smug and quite frankly, sassy look to Dustin as he props his elbow on the back of his chair which earns a soft chuckle from me.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin asks in disbelief.

"Told ya," I roll my eyes at Lucas despite the smile that grows on my face.

Everyone shares a good laugh, all of us relieved when my eyes meet Will's and we share a smile and a shake of the head as if silently saying 'I can't believe we were so worried for nothing'.