Chapter 12

Hey guys, I'm sorry that I haven't been very consistent with my chapters on both this story and 'Only Human' (which I haven't created a new chapter for in god knows how long). I really don't have any excuses other than having a ton of lows in my life in the past year, and not really having the compassion for writing as I did once before. I want to get back into writing and creating stories other people can enjoy, because words can be so powerful, and it's the one thing I can do to express how I'm feeling. Anyways, enough about me! I hope you all are doing well, and my dms are always open if you want to talk. This chapter will continue in Genji's POV. Without further ado, please enjoy the next chapter of 'Echoes!' Per usual:

DISCLAIMER, I DO NOT OWN BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT OR IT'S CHARACTERS!

Heartbreak. Like a thousand daggers piercing through my flesh, and taking refuge in my heart. I clench my shirt tightly, the pain of my nails digging into my palm was nothing compared to the thrashing torment deep inside my chest. I tense as a hand grasps my shoulder, turning me towards the woman who has done more damage to me in five minutes, than anyone ever could in a lifetime. "Who are you, and what're you doing here?" I hear her faintly whisper my name behind the male who currently blocks my view of her. "I was just passing through, but I'll be on my way now." I can sense my knuckles turning white, holding on as tight as possible to prevent crystal sorrow from trickling down my face. "Any friend of Angela's is a friend of mine, why don't you come inside, Genji was it? I'm Jack, Jack Morrison, and who is your friend over there, leaning on my mailbox?" My shoulder is finally released from his grasp, and not but thirty seconds pass before I feel Gabriel's arm snake around my neck. "I'm Gabriel, but you can call me Gabe." He leans into me slightly, trying to aid some form of comfort, but of all people I know that's the one department he doesn't possess the skill or knowledge. Angela's hand gently caresses Jack's shoulder, before moving down to his bicep and locking arms with his. "Why don't you two come inside," the man repeats. I tense slightly but Gabe edges me forwards and we follow the couple inside. The home is decorated in an All-American style, it makes me sick. I take a seat on the brown couch located in the corner of the room, but before Gabriel can sit next to me the blonde 'model-of-a-man' declares that this couch is his and Angie's usual spot. Gabriel and I make our way to the second couch, finally to sit in silence as Jack fetches beverages. "It's been awhile, Genji." I tense slightly, lowering in my seat, "So it has." To think, sitting across from me is my sole purpose in life, the one who brought me the most happiness, and yet a pain so prodigious. "You never introduced me to your friend, I'm Angela in case you didn't know." I hear Gabe growl softly, "Trust me, I've heard plenty about you sweetheart." The tension in the room doubles, if not triples, filling the room with silence. The only sounds consists of soft but nervous breaths, and the footsteps of Jack bringing us the drinks. "I've got Dr. Pepper and Coca Cola, which do you guys want?" Gabriel snatches a Coke from his hands, as I decline. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" I nod. "What about you Angie, you're so unpredictable nowadays." He laughs, as I feel my insides twist. "Did you say Angie?" I mumble softly. He looks at me, compassion and a hint of dominance forming in his eyes, "I did, that's my nickname for my angel." I feel my vision start to blur as I stand and the world starts spinning, "I can't be here any longer, I, I-"

Darkness, the only thing that's been there every time I open a door in my life. It's what I fall asleep to, and it's all I feel. Darkness. I slowly open my eyes, sunlight piercing my pupils instantaneously. I sit up slowly, was that all just a dream? It must be. "Where am I?" I whisper softly. "You're at our hotel, you blacked out yesterday in Angela's living room." I feel my chest tighten, "So that wasn't a dream?" Gabe sigh's softly, "I'm afraid not, and even if it was, it'd be more of a nightmare than anything." I feel my heart sink, or whatever broken pieces of it are left. "I knew I should never have come, but I wasn't expecting to be so easily pushed aside, so easily, forgotten.." I brush my hair aside with my hand, my vision blurring. "Why is fate so cruel?" I feel the blood rush up to my cheek, the sound echoing in the room, "Stop acting like a 12 year old who can't get over the fact that his little crush gave her ice cream to some other guy. It's not all about you. If you truly love her, you'd be happy she's not a depressed piece of shit, sulking around doing nothing. Move on, there are other people in the world." Lightly, I brush my fingertips along my cheek, trying to ease the sting. He's right, I should be happy for her, but I'm not. I'm selfish, pitiful, broken, spiteful, but selfish. "I should apologize for my behavior, I am happy for her." Gabe turns away, "I'm sorry, but someone needed to knock some sense into you, quite literally." I watch his figure exit the room, filling it with silence. I stand, stretching slowly. "I have to start somewhere." I make my way to the door, turning it and stepping out, a sense of fear washes over me. Can I keep it together? Who knows.

The breeze is refreshing, cool, and carries the scent of newly cut grass. She chose a good neighborhood to be a part of, calm and soothing. I make my way down the cool cement, the sun just starting to peak over the houses of Wolfhurst Gardens. Her house doesn't stand out too much, other than a flag waving in the breeze that reads "The Morrison's." Does that mean she's married..? My heart sinks a little. Just forget it, I'm going to apologize, check things out, and see if I can even get as far as knocking on her door. I rest my knuckles on the smooth surface, holding my breath as I slowly draw my hand away from the door. It opens suddenly, and the woman makes a small noise of surprise. "You scared me half to death, what're you doing here?" I sigh softly, "I came to apologize for apologize for my behavior, it was just, a little to much for me to take in I guess." She smiles, oh how I've missed it. "It's alright, I was just on my way to see how you were doing, Gabe gave me your hotel information so that I could stop by. Seems that you beat me to it." Her nervous chuckle fills my ears, bringing peaceful memories to mind. "I guess so." Angela rests her hand on my shoulder, "Genji, what're you really doing here?" Warm tears stream down my bruised cheek, "I came here to see you, to apologize for what I did so long ago. I'm here because," her face saddens, "I love you, Angela."