Monday

Brrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggg!

There was the indication for lunch. The amount of joy you felt was unbearable. You just couldn't get into your groove when it came to teaching today, and it became clear to your class. It wasn't as interactive as it normally was. It made you a bit sad that the only thing you could provide them with for the day was book work. That was no fun.

Pushing the previous class behind you, you reached under your desk for the lunch box you always carried. Your lunch was always pretty skimpy if you said so yourself. 

Exiting your very own classroom caused a wave of relief to wash over you. At least you got a bit of time to think a bit less about how you admittedly just gave the worst lesson of your career.

Familiar whistling echoed throughout the halls. Nearest to the Principal's office, you could see Playtime, along with the Principal himself. He kneeled down, handling a bright red and blue lunch box. Said Principal provided her with it, as well as a small ruffle of her already messy hair.

With a giggle, she hurried off to the cafeteria, excited to have at whatever was waiting for her in her lunch box.

The Principal looked over to you, seeing you lean up against the door frame of your classroom. You gave a small-scale wave that he returned with a warm grin. 

"May I have lunch with you?"

Without any resistance whatsoever, he ushered you into his office to have a seat from where he usually sat. 

Pulling out your own box of lunch, you fiddled with the latch, sticking out your tongue in concentration a bit. The Principal watched with amusement. You were just like a little kid.

"It's okay to ask for help if you need it."

"Psh, I'm an adult, I can handle a measly lunch box." That was a lie. You were struggling. 

"You remind me of my daughter."

Daughter? Since when did this guy have a daughter? Or were you just late to the party? 

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" You were awestruck. The Principal was a dad... Maybe that happened to aid his reasoning for enforcing so many rules. He had to set the example for his kid, maybe.

"You didn't know Playtime was my daughter?" 

Playtime?! His daughter? 

Now that you think of it actually, you could see the resemblance. The messy hair. The darkened eyes. It suddenly clicked within mere seconds. "Holy shit.. I didn't even real-" "Language." He frowned, folding his hands on his desk. "If you weren't a teacher, you would be in detention right now." He spoke, his neutral face going unchanged. You rolled your eyes, looking down to your very own lunch afterwards.

"Principal.. Can I vent to you?"

"I don't see why not."

A sigh was emitted. "My class today... was instructed with upmost inelegancy. I feel terrible.  The class is normally very engaging, it wracks your brain and all the while we're having good fun. I feel as if that is the ideal way to teach." He nodded in understanding, keeping quiet as you went on.

"Today I felt very.. unmotivated. It pains me to know that I passed along my indifference to my class today." 

The Principal looked down to your lunch box, before reverting his dark eyes back up to you.

"Did you eat breakfast?"

"Well no, I didn't."

He folded his hands under his chin, clearly regaled by the answer. "There's a reason why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day." His nonchalant way of speaking had you under the impression that.. he was probably right.

He slid the apple that sat on his desk towards you. You quirked a brow. "That lunch isn't going to do much for you throughout the day, so you can have it. Hopefully, it'll keep you motivated." He added. Was he not going to eat lunch? This was his only time to do so, so why..?

"Sir you-"

"I ate breakfast. Don't worry about me." He gave a gentle smile.

Brrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggg!

"Head on back to class. Your students wouldn't want to miss their next exciting lesson, would they?"

That being said, the two of you exited his office, him walking in the opposite direction with that silly whistle of his, hands in his pockets, ready to patrol the hallways.

You, on the other hand, took the apple and his words into consideration.

Maybe you should start eating breakfast regularly.

With his words in mind, a newfound determination to teach a good lesson had blossomed.