Part fourteen

I sat in the kitchen the next day eating breakfast and scrolling around on my laptop. I gave a smile when the children came in and took a seat looking at me with those devilish smiles.

"What?" I asked them with a giggle taking my glasses off.

"You look different." Henry replied sitting forward.

I gave the children a silly laugh putting my glasses back on.

"We called dad though." I look horrified at Gracey that gave me a big smile.

"Oh really? What did he say?" I acted all cool and look back at the laptop. I hope the children didn't tell him what I told them yesterday.

"That he's worried about you." Mamie replied foolishly.

"And besides that he had to take care of you, you two also had an affair." Louisa replied. I gave a scare taking my glasses off looking at them that gave me that mischievous looks. "Kind of kinky for old people but alright."

"He said that?" I grab the house phone and stood up angrily. He better explain or else I'm gonna take out his most valuable decorations. I call the number of him that I remember which I don't know if he upgrade.

"Hi."

"Don?"

"Yes?"

"Thank goodness, I thought you upgraded." I giggled shaking my head. I'm angry, remember. "Listen to me you idiot, what gives you the right to tell the children we had an affair?"

"Ohhh feisty. I like, I like."

"Do not feisty at me Mr. Gummer. I swear, if I ever see you, I'll kill you. You don't tell the children we had an affair. You don't tell them anything. You know what happened, I know what happened, you took good care of me and that's all. We didn't had an affair." I told him. I'm cheeky and mad. But oh I'm madly inlove by only listening to his voice.

"Honestly, I didn't know the bed would hold out with us." His voice and the way he talks. Gosh I want him here. No! Stop! I can't have feelings for my ex!

"Screw you Don!"

"Oh honey, I'll do that anytime. As long as it's with you." He said in a handsome voice.

"Oh Don. Stop it please. Get serious." I said and look at the children that stood up laughing.

"Oh I am dead serious that I'll shut your mouth up with a kiss that'll make your legs turn weak all over again." He's in the public. Why is he talking to me like this in the public?

"You wouldn't dare." I said and wave at the children that waved at me going out of the house. They're probably gonna hang out today or so.

"I would since you ran away from me at the airport." He replied getting into a quieter section. "That was cruel Mary Louise Gummer. Very cruel."

My heart skipped a beat and I ran out of breath. He was there. I feel so bad but I can't let him get to me in that way. I close my rope infront of me since I still had my pyjama dress on.

"I'm sorry. I didn't...I thought it's my imagination." I feel terrible. I'm a horrible human being. "Gosh, how can I make it up to you?"

"You can be stop running from me when you see me or I'm gonna have to take you back to that island." I heard his voice. I started laughing throwing my head back. He's still so funny and nice. I just...I want to see his face again. I want to feel him one more time. But I can't. He has a girlfriend.

I should probably hang up soon, call my agent and hairstylist. We're having a grand celebration for Mamma Mia the movie. Maybe I should wear a black dress, hair tide and just the usual. Sounds better than running naked, walking like a tramp or dressed up ready to go to Antarctica.