"Not other than going to school," I answer, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"Where do you go to school at? And why aren't you eating breakfast?" He asks as I pet Muffin one last time and exit the room, locking the door behind me.

"I go to Walls University, and I'll eat breakfast later," I answer him, walking down the familiar stairs.

"Walls University?!" He jumps beside me. "That's a college for art students! Like, really really good art students!"

I nod. "Yeah, I doodle some," I vaguely give him an answer.

I look down the opposite side of the street to see police tape everywhere, along with a blood stain in the middle of the road.

"Who killed you?" I ask as we both stare at the crime scene.

He shrugs. "More like what killed me. It wasn't human, whatever it was."

"Not human?" My eyes widen and I look at him. "Was it a ghost, then?"

"Not sure, it didn't look like a ghost." He shakes his head from side to side, thinking. "I really have no clue."

We continue to walk until we get to a small convenience store. The bell above the door chimes as I walk inside and the lady behind the counter smiles at me, gently putting her newspaper down.

"Hello, Stella," She grins at me, pushing up the rim of her small glasses. She has a red knitted sweater on today that has little flowers stitched into it.

"Hi Mrs. McGee," I greet her as I walk to the candy aisle, picking out a small bag of chocolate donuts.

"You come here a lot? She seems to know you." Chase asks, but I ignore him. No one else can see him but me, and I'm not risking looking like a crazy person talking to myself.

"You buy donuts every morning," She slides the code on the scanner, pulling my total up. "That's not a very healthy breakfast, young lady."

I laugh. "They're not for me, Mrs. McGee," I lean in closer to her. "They're for him."

She smiles and hits my upper arm. "Young love at its finest," She puts my money in the register. "I hope you two get together soon."

"Who's the guy you're talking about? What does she mean 'young love'? And why aren't you answering me?" Chase asks me billions of questions, but I keep smiling and ignoring him.

I wave at her goodbye as I exit the shop, carrying the donuts in my hand.

"I can't talk to you when I'm around other people," I snap at him. "They'll think I'm crazy. No one else can see you!"

Realization dawns on him "That's right!" He taps his chin, thinking. "But who's the guy you were talking about?"

"Don't worry about it," I smile, a small blush coming onto my cheeks as I keep walking.

We keep walking until I see the familiar building of the Police Station. It's painted blue and white, with big glass windows and doors lining it. There are various police cars parked outside, and a large, gold sheriff's star sits above the main doors.

It's always bustling here: officers running around, cars coming in and out, and the occasional reporter coming to get the latest scoop.

"Why are we at the station?" Chase questions as I walk through the glass double doors.

"Stells!" Marty the desk worker waves at me as I walk inside. "Officer Woods is in the main room, and he's super busy today!"

"Thank you!" I nod at him. "Did your wife make you trim the 'stache?" I chuckle as I notice the usual hair on his lip is missing.

"She said I looked like a cowboy," He pouts, rubbing his lip. "Plus she said that she wouldn't kiss me 'less I cut it off. So it's gone now."

I laugh. "To be fair, you did look like an outlaw," I grin. "But I think it looks better now!"

"Thanks Stells," He smiles, leaning back into his chair and propping his feet on the counter dramatically.

"How long have you been coming here? You must get into trouble a lot!" I ignore Chase's comments as I walk through another set of doors into the main room of the station.

There's desks everywhere, a policeman at each station with a computer. They all talk and chatter, each enjoying their morning coffee and newspaper. In one corner of the room is a small holding cell that's currently empty.

My eyes stay trained on the black haired officer in the back of the room. His head was down as he flipped through multiple cases, writing down notes when he needed to. He had his official uniform on today, and I looked at how it wrapped around his muscular body nicely. No one could miss the bright gold badge he wore just below his nametag.

"Hi, Parker."

A/N

Parker seems cute, I love guys who are officers! Don't forget to give this story a little vote and comment to keep its popularity up!

-Hannah